german shepherd/husky? i dont know! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

german shepherd/husky? i dont know!

This is my puppy Dakota. I adopted her from the animal shelter and I'm not sure what breed or mix of breeds she is. I'm almost positive that she is part husky. She has the markings around the eyes like a husky and the white stipe down from the forehead to the nose. She also has one blue eye and one brown eye. Recently she had begun to look like part german shepherd as well. It looks as though she has the body of a german shepherd and the face of a husky. Her tail also looks like a german shepherd as well as her coloring. She also has webbed paws so I'm wondering if she has some lab in her too. All of her litter mates were either the same coloring as her but with both brown eyes or they were a yellowish color like a yellow lab. One of the yellow pupies had two blue eyes and another had one blue and one brown and the others had all brown. Thats just a little background. I'm sorry I dont have any more recent pictures. If you have any ideas of your on of what Dakota might be please let me know...I'm just very curious!
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chew%20small.JPG (14.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (18.8 KB, 31 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm not sure either but very adorable puppy!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

im pretty sure thats a husky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

this is a greman shepherd....

http://www.bestcmo.com/graphics/duoflexshephard.jpg

big difference.lol
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

yeah i know what a german shepherd looks like....though her head looks like a husky her body looks like a german shepherd
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Yeah, looks Husky to me too... they come in different tones, from very dark black to reddish brown. Maybe a standing picture and/or a picture of the face might help us to see better, but on those pics, looks Husky to me. He's adorable, BTW... I LOVE odd-eyed puppies. 8)

Dimaris

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thumbs up Beauty

Def. has the Husky snout. I'd say Husky.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

here is a more recent picture
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

1/2 Husky, 1/2 Skunk. Cute pup!!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Adolescent Pup

More than likely part husky, and GSD isn't out of the relm of possiblility, but there also could be some heeler in it. You won't really know until she is older and really fills out.

Here is my GSD/Blue Heeler Mix (She may have some husky in her also) and your dog looks a lot like her.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 AM

I adopted a husky/Shepherd mix from the shelter a couple of years ago. She wasn't as young as your pup, but has the same markings. My Dixie is the sweetest girl in the world!

Wishing you wet noses and warm kisses!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Newborn Pup

i say definitely Husky/GSD mix! plus a bit of something web-footed! very cute, no matter what!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Newborn Pup

Whatever it's mixed with assuming it is at all... it is predominately a husky. IMO anyway. For what that is worth. lol..

Any advise given by me is to the best of my knowledge and is not meant to replace veterinary care. If your pet is ill please take him to the vet ASAP. Don't waste your pets valuable time on the internet.

Tags
animal shelter, german shepherd, litter mates, shepherd mix, yellow lab