Get this - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Get this

I just posted about Natalya eatting a dishrag... well my boyfriend calls me at work tonight and asks me "how many advil were in the bottle?" i say "why?" and he says there is none left.. she ate 21 pills somewhere between 3 and 7:30.... he gave her peroxide (the kind to clean wounds) to induce vomiting and when i go home, we took her again to the 24 hour vet... he had to give her charcoal and now i have ANOTHER medicine to give her twice a day... he said it was a good thing that it was such a low dose cause a dose that small doesnt effect the kidneys or anything... but yeah, see now you can see how much of a trouble maker this puppy is... i have never had this many problems with a dog before.. im goin crazy.. hopefully i wont have to go back next week too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i am so sorry that your puppy had to go through all of this!

are you making sure that your house/apt. is puppy-proofed correctly?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh geez! I'm so sorry! I've never heard of using hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting with....
I hope your little poocher is okay!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I am so sorry. That is sad, but not unusual for a puppy to chew anything it can.

Trust me, I have a 100lb puppy that eats any and everything. We have a hard time puppy proofing for him because he can reach most places, but we manage.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Maybe you should invest in a crate to keep her in when you cant watch her...I bet a crate would be less expensive than so many trips to the vet.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

its my cats, they knock everything on the floor... i know people speak highly of crates but i just dont have the heart to lock her up.. we've never locked up any of our four dogs and its just something i couldnt do
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Have you read the article one of our mods wrote? http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16326

It goes in depth about the reasons behind as well as benefits to crate training.

Stephanie

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

crating isn't "locking up" your dogs. it's meant to be used as keeping them out of harms way.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
crating isn't "locking up" your dogs. it's meant to be used as keeping them out of harms way.
I agree and it's like a secure 'den' for them. My dogs don't mind them at all. And I'd rather crate them then run them to the vet,next time you may not be so lucky. My Lacey is like your pup,into everything, and she is four years old!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Exactly...I would never do anything to hurt my pets, especially locking them up. They dont view their crates as a cage or prison, to them it is a nice comfy bed. When they are tired, they go into their room and relax in their crates with the door wide open, so obviously they dont mind going in them. Of course when they were puppies they had to get used to it the first few times they had to be crated, like all dogs do. But once they get used to it, it is a home for them...their own private place to be. My cats even go in our dogs crates and sleep! In the mornings when I let the dogs out for the last time before I go to work, after they are done and I let them back in, they immediately run to their crates waiting for their treats. If they felt they were being locked up they probably wouldnt be so eager to get in them. And I know not everyone uses crates or needs crates, but my two can be chewers too and to me I would much rather have to crate my dogs, they are like my children, and I dont want to lose one of them. And from the stories you are telling us lately, its hard for us all not to advise you to get a crate, because she obviously is a chewer/eater and none of us want to hear the horrible news if she passed away from something like this that could have been prevented. Thats all...we just want her to be a happy healthy pup. Good luck with her.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I have to agree with the crate training...we did it with Kali and Orion for the first year and a half of each of their lives to keep them from getting into things when we weren't home or at night. Now that they are older and more trust worthy, we no longer have to crate them. BUT at night when we turn off the TV to go to bed, if Shane says, "get in bed" Kali still to this day, slides off the couch and walks to the end of it looking at the spot her crate used to be! She'll stand there looking at the empty space and then look at you like "my bed WAS there!" She hasn't been crated in over two years and still does that! Now she sleeps in the bed with us (I know, bad Mommy) but I would think that if she felt she was being "locked up" in the crate, she wouldn't be looking for it! (currently its in the garage awaiting the next rescue pitty who will need it)

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

That's too sweet, Mandie. Poor Kali. Maybe you guys should get her a doggy bed and put it there?

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
That's too sweet, Mandie. Poor Kali. Maybe you guys should get her a doggy bed and put it there?
Tried that...they last a week before Orion feels the foam needs to be shredded...that's his only real issue...he LOVES to shred paper and anything foam! I swear! Sometimes I think he's part rabbit!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 03:10 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Myrl is like that too! If it's got seams, zippers, tags or anything like that, it's GONE. He loves to shred it up. That's why we can't trust him in the house. Heck, can't even trust him with his OWN toys, let alone ours.

What is it would young adult male dogs and shredding things?

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

My bunnies think they're part dog, maybe parts of their brains got switched at birth? I agree with everyone, crate training isn't locking up your dog, unless the crate is too small.

Tags
crate training