Getting Alittle Better - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Thumbs up Getting Alittle Better

Well its only been few days since we got Tyson in, hes doing alittle better now, been up and moving around alot more today, played with Luna few times slowly though and is eatting, drinking and pooing much much better.. Hes starting to get alittle meat on him now but its gona take few more weeks befour we really notice a diffrence.. The antibiotics are working, no more fever and also no more runniy nose.. Been putting bitter apple around his sores so he dont lick um and they heal.. He seems to be not so wobbly anymore but still has hard time getting up and down the stairs.. Heres few pics...
Here you can see the curve in his legs due to lack of vitamins/minerals...

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:cool: Hes getting much more hydrated now his skin no longer stuck to his bones... Here his legs turn outward, you can see the sunken part just befour the leg joins the body, still no meat muscle build up thats gona take awhile..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Here you can see his tummy is starting to finaly drop back down and not so tucked up from starving.. Also you can still see some sunkeness on the rear yet.. that will take about a week to fill in....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:cool: Here hes standing with elbows turned out and legs wide apart due to lack of muscle and vitamins..

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: And Luna and Tyson sharing a moment...

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:47 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

ooh poor Tyson! I'm glad to know that he's in good hands now.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:47 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

Aww what a cute picture of a little pooch kissy!

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Skinny little doggie frame...

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

:bfly: EEEEEEE Gads ghostly eyes bud... LOL!!! Well you can kinda see the roach back he has, lack of vitamins/minerals..

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Aww! He is so beautiful! I love Boxers, and I love your little Boston too. Great job taking care of your baby!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:20 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

I missed the whole story on Tyson but it sounds like he is lucky to have you.

I have a quick question about the first picture, showing his legs. Is that only temporary until he gains weight or is that something that will stay for the rest of his life? The reason I ask is because when we got our kitten Max, we suspected that he had been neglected by his mom. He was really skinny and sickly and probably wouldn't have made it much longer. Anyway, his legs are bowed in the exact same way. We thought that maybe it was a birth defect...they don't bother him, it just seems that he doesn't bend them when he walks. Now I am thinking that it may be from the malnourishment during his first few weeks.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery...keep up the good work!

~ Jodi ~

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Indecision Queen

I agree with Jodi, keep up the good work!
AngelaT

~Angela and the group~
Oscar~ Male Crested Gecko
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
Ernie~ Male Leopard Gecko
Candy~ Female Ball Python
Gidget~ Female Leopard Gecko
Paige~ Female Cholcolate Chihuahua
Marley~ Female Harlequin Great Dane
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Hi Candycane, no prob at all asking.. As for the way the bones are curved its due to lack of vitamins/minerals and also lack of protien and fat in the dog food.. Plus due to the fact that hes getting old.. The reason Tysons legs are like that is he was starved and or not fed hardly at all with a very poor brand of dog food, plus the worms have done alot of damage, border line anemic.. He will get alittle better once he starts putting on some weight and muscle mass and the vitmain/minerals kick in but his bones are more than likely set that way now.. He must have been neglected for some time..Baby animals suffer from rickets if they dont recive enough in there food intake and also if illness and lack of vitamins/minerals in the diet.. You can give your cat a dily vitmain to help suport the system and the bones.. But to much vitamins/minerals can be just as bad and have side effects similar to the rickets.. Tyson will be able to use his legs better but the bone is deffinetly set that way now...

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 03:29 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

My cat is doing well now and actually has grown into a big cat. But his legs are still the same...that's why I wonder whether it was malnourishment or a defect. When he walks, his legs make little semicircles to step forward instead of bending his paw and then stepping forward in a straight line.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!

Tags
dog food