Getting another dog in Novemeber! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Getting another dog in Novemeber!

Well, we have all been stressed out since the loss of our GSD, Indie and it's been tough to go through.
We were going out of the house more as a family, having some great times and Indie meant the world to us. We had got a whole new routine sorted out and now he has gone, everything has just gone wrong
I come in sometimes, expecting Indie to bark, to see him really excited to see us back home, sometimes I still leave the house with the radio left on for Indie, forgetting that I don't need to do that anymore, when I go out I feel like I've forgoten something and it's quite hard to overcome.
So we have all decided that we definatly want another dog!!
We would like another GSD (Cross) and we prefer dogs instead of *****es so we're getting a boy
we are going to go to a shelter again because we don't want to go through the puppy stages, but we are a little worried about going back to a shelter because they let us get a dog with kidney failer, even if they didn't know he had it, we still feel a bit let down
We are saving up enough to give a good donation to the shelter, which is why we are waiting a month and we are doing it in the birthday week, when my brother, mum, other brother AND my dad have their birthdays (all except me LOL).
I am looking foward to getting another dog. It will make everything work again, if you know what I mean.
Thanks for your support when Indie passed away, wish us luck in finding a new dog, we are searching around on several websites.
We like the look of Guiness on this site:
http://www.arasrescue.co.uk/html/rehoming.html
we have also been looking at this site, if you would like to take a peek:
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming...reid=0&x=9&y=4
Thanks again
xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, hun, that's great news. It will be good for you to have another dog around. I think there are a lot of good looking dogs on both those sites! Guiness looks very sweet. Good luck in your search and thanks for keeping us updated!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 AM

lol love the name of Guiness (Such a good beer xD). Good luck on finding a new dog ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thank you!
xxxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 06:08 AM
RAT ADDICT

Gosh...I am missing something! I haven't been around much (no home internet right now)...I am truly sorry for your loss.

Good luck on finding another wonderful dog.
*hugs*

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Aww how exciting! Good luck finding your new friend.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Sorry for the loss as well. Dogs can bring you such happiness though. So, i think its good to have another one. Diesel makes me happy when i'm down. Yeah for dogs!!!

Tags
adopting, dog, rehoming