Getting a Dashshund!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Getting a Dashshund!!!!

I'm getting her form my boyfriends co-worker whose mom can no longer look after the her. she' about 8 or 9 months old crate trained.

Also any one know a a good type of food for dachshunds???

I get to pick her up tomorrow at noon I'll post pictures after I pick her up.

I just had to tell somebody I'm really excited.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

Last edited by Zack_the_Mouse; 04-18-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 10:02 PM

I have a dachsund that is 10 yrs old. I her from my ex-boyfriend at the time. They love affection and companionship, just like us humans do. They do not like being left alone. My "precious" loves to sleep with me". She is my snuggle buddy. All I have to say is have patients with her, and she will be your friend for life.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Dachshunds don't really have specific food requirements, any high-quality dog food should be fine . I feed my own Dachshund Innova.

You definitely want to watch her weight, though. They have a tendency to have weight problems which is dangerous as it leads to back problems because of their shape.

Congrats, can't wait for pictures!

Is she a miniature or a standard? I have a standard but I've never met anyone else with one...all I see are the minis for some reason.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

hello everyone I'd like u to meet the newest addition to my family.

Ivy a 7 month old Mini Dachshund.

Ivy and Dave being silly

Ivy and Daddy

having lunch

whats this

whats up here

Mine??

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww congrats!! I have 2 dachshunds, too! She is adorable!!

For foods, the 2 we feed our dogs are Solid Gold and Wellness. Natural Balance is a good food, too.

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

She looks like a sweetie! Very pretty shade of red Congrats on the new addition. How is she liking her new home? Is she being shy or exploring a lot? It looked like she was looking around a lot in the photos.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmilla View Post
She looks like a sweetie! Very pretty shade of red Congrats on the new addition. How is she liking her new home? Is she being shy or exploring a lot? It looked like she was looking around a lot in the photos.
she likes it. doesn't know what to do with the toys we got her. very shy of what to do about Kitty and she's not to sure about the collar.
but she's doing great other wise.

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww, she's really cute!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

nice pics! you'll enjoy her.

Pet Parent to:

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Will It Ever Change?

very sweet cutie pie! congrats!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I bet she'll warm up quick. My first dachshund didn't like toys... it was the strangest thing. He ignored them. My pups now love them. The collar looks very nice. I bet she feels fancy!

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

Tags
crate trained, dog food, quality dog food