Got a new puppy!!!!!!!!!! *Long story!!* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Talking Got a new puppy!!!!!!!!!! *Long story!!*

Im so excited!! Kevin and I were eating Roly Poly the other night and got bored and decided to go into the petstore (and make me cry because I HATE most petstores!) Well RIGHT when I walked in, I went straight back to the puppies in these teeny tiny little glass/plastic/bar cages. Tiny. They were gladd in the front with one hole (about 3 cm in diameter... so small.), plastic bottoms with holes in it where their pee and poop falls to the newspaper underneath, and bars on the back side where only the employees can get to them.

Anyways- This UGLY dog caught my eye and drove me straight back there ignoring everything in my path. I've never had an animal do that to me- it was really strange. When I got back there, Kevin told me he was gonna go look at the fish. The dog was laying down on tha hard plastic floor-thing trying to go to sleep because that was the only thing he could do anyways.. When he opened his eyes I saw some tears go down his little wringly pug face- and he looked at me and breathed really light and slow. Almost as if he was scared- but not quite. I put my hand up to the glass and he layed there for about a minute. Then I slid my hand the other way (away from him) and he got up slowly and whined at my hand. I put it to the hole and he went over to the hole and started to scream-cry.. I started bawling. Im so emotional when it comes to animals. I looked over my shoulder to looks and see if anyone saw my patheticness and there was Kevin with an extremely sad look on his face. I looked back at the dog that was now biting at the hole and I asked Kevin if I could play with him because he wanted out. I knew right then and there, and so did he, that once I touched this dog- I wasn't leaving until I knew it had a safe home. He was so sad in that cage. When the lady brought him out, he had poop all over him and got it on Kevin (who didn't care either way) and I grabbed him and set him down on a cat house type thing. We pet him for probably an hour, deciding on what to do.. He had been there so long, because when he first got there- his price was $899.00. Then it was $799.00 then $750.00 then $690.00 then $600.00 then $500.00 then $450.00 then it said "FOR SALE" on the glass part and he was marked down to $300.00.

The next morning we went and got him and spent $80.00 on him at petsmart. He had diareeha (sp?) when we got him, (on the 18th, I think) and now hes doing so good. He's already potty trained (I stood outside one morning at 5:30 for over an hour and he came back inside and pooped in the floor!! I was so mad! ) and he knows his name. He came with a microchip that we need to get activated and he came with a 4 generation pedigree. His parents were apparenly top of the line, and we've already got SO many compliments on him... He really must be pretty! We met these people at PetSmart who payed 1600 for their pug, and I think they take her to shows. And they said that ours in really pretty. Im sorry Im going overboard on this, but Im so happy!! Here is a picture of him... He looks really ugly but he's really pretty. These are when I first brought him home and stuff so he's kinda nervous. Im going to snap some tomorrow of him and Ill post some!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Here he is with our pit, Rose

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 10:20 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

wow! Ray likes pugs, I think your is adorable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

how loving of you to help out this little scrunchy-faced angel. it looks like he gets along with your other dog really well. good for you. pugs are great dogs and i'm sure this one will give you lots of love and joy.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 01:30 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

awwww!!! He's adorable! Good Luck with him Rocheal... you are an angel for saving him. I think it was fate...
He was waiting for you!

[center]

[
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 06:02 AM

Awww, he is so cute.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I'm glad you could save the little baby from the sad life he was living!

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Aww....
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww such an awesome story, Rocheal, with a beautiful ending! What an angel you are to him! He is SOO cute!!! Congrats! And more pictures!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

*Granting Wishes*!!! I love pictures but I havn't gotten any good ones of him yet--- he's still too hyper to get to sit still and snap a good one... here's a couple I shot earlier

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

a pit and pug...

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

running down to his mommy!! He just learned how to go downstairs after a little trial and error, right on his head!!

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

I just snapped this of him sleeping on my on the computer chair!!

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

and I woke him up

Tags
cattle dog, pet shop, pet shops, potty train, potty trained, puppy mill, puppy mills, sit still