Grapes & Raisins Toxic to Pets? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Grapes & Raisins Toxic to Pets?

Did anyone else hear about Grapes and Raisins being toxic to pets, and can cause damage to their kidneys or liver. I was talking to my sister-in-law and she told me. Then I looked up some articles on the internet and this is what I found.... I'm so glad I never fed any of my animals table food. But this may help those who do.
http://www.homeagainid.com/news/arti...?storyid=10364
http://www.hilltopanimalhospital.com/grapes%20toxic.htm
http://www.countrypet.net/GRAPES.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Playful Pup

well, i have heard of raisins being toxic to animals somewhere but never grapes...

TAZ

GINGER

MINSTREL

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

There is always something new, I've never fed our dogs either (they get the all natural gourmet dog biscuits), After reading the posts on your links, I have very little doubt to believe this isn't true. Thanks for sharing the info....... I may want to use this info for our Naples Friends of Animals group site (if that is okay)

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Kim, absolutely you can use the information. I am hearing so much about this now on other pet forums. With the pet allergies my one dog has, I can't feed him anything but a either a fish & potato or duck and potato or venison & potato diet.

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Proud New Mommy

Uh oh... I give Mugzlee and Squirt the chinchilla's treats all the time. He's got a raisin about once a week.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks Mary, I will surely pass this info along then

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I'm not surprised. There are so many reasons not to feed table food, and this is a perfect example.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

? for you all, I just realized that some of the gourmet treats we feed our dogs have raisins... Hmmmm, one of them is a raisin/oatmeal cookie..... I wonder if this will have any problems.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I have read before that grapes were bad for dogs...I dont remember where I read it, whether it was a website or a magazine, but I have heard it before, and Im glad I know...just because when I lived at home before I got married, we always used to let Bean, the family dog, have grapes, she would never eat the skin, but would shred them up first and eat only the insides...we never knew they were harmful to dogs then...but Im glad we know now...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Adolescent Pup

I dont think one or two grapes every now and then are going to harm the dogs. That said that the jack russells ate a large number of grapes before their kidneys failed. I have always fed my dogs grapes. I dont give them a BOWL of grapes, just one or two when I'm snacking on them. Never hurt them. Thats interesting info tho. Thanks for sharing.

:blob4: Amber:blob4:

Tags
dog biscuits, family dog, jack russell