Great News!!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thumbs up Great News!!!!!!!

Dr.Friz called this morning with the lab's test reults, and the GSD known as "Zeus" is said to be negative for Leishmaniasis
YAY!!!
We are taking him in tomorrow for some more blood work, he will be tested for Ehrlichiosis seeing as he was found with alot of large ticks on him, and if that test comes back positive it is still treatable .... Seeing as Dr.Friz is going to be taking some more blood from him she is going to send off another test for Leishmaniasis as it can't hurt to have a 2nd lab opinion. Although the initial lab that did the test is one of the best around, and she told us in her medical opinion she believes he is fine and that as far as the Leishmaniasis we have nothing to worry about. So now he is beginning his introduction's to the herd. Dante (our malamute) is now out on the back patio with him, and they are doing pretty well, we figured if Dante would except "Zeus" then he might stand up for him if one of the other's chooses not to like him. At first it was sad, Dante walked out with Darren and "Zeus" looked up an started to shake and piddled, poor boy has not been treated well IMO.
We spent a little more one on one time with "Zeus" last night and feel that it's not who the Florida vet thinks it is, he hardly responds to his name at all, once in awhile he perks up, but that could be because he knows the name and it's familiar to him, but it may not necessarily be his. So we may just be changing that as well
Okay just wanted to update you all on the test results
Have A Good One!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 06:13 AM

That is great to hear, I hope that the test results are all good
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Great news!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 08:23 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Great news!!!

I hope the introductions go well!

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Adolescent Pup

that is great to hear yeah for zeus. hope all other tests come back good. poor guy he is lucky he found you guys
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's wonderful news!!!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That's really good news. I hope the other test ends in a good result.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

FANTASTIC

That is wonderful News Kim. I"m so happy for him and you.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks everyone
Well the introductions have gone pretty well with the exception of the problem child "Ajax". Ajax is treating "Zeus" just like he treats his brother, just walks up to him snarls, growls and attacks so if we are not in the same room with them they are seperated for the time being.
The other tests will take 2 weeks to get results, I think is what Darren had said, we will take him in tomorrow morning to start all that needs to be started, more blood work, deworming, possible shots, and an appt. for neutering Maybe Dr.Friz can give us a better estimate on his age as well, this will help us in knowing if this is the same or different dog that the florida vet mentioned.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yay!!! Thats such great news!

I'm so happy for him!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Playful Pup

That is absolutley wonderful news! When I read your other thread about how you found "Zeus", I was so concerned about the poor dog, but it looks as if he has found a wonderful home now, and its just awesome that the test came back negative!!

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thank You Well he is in a good home for now, there is alot to still be done with him before we can begin to make the decision on whether or not he will be adopted out

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Yay! I'm so glad the test results came back negative!! :blob2:

Rhonda

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Miss New Booty

This is wonderful news Kim!!!! I'm so glad the results were negative! I have been thinking about you and Zeus! I'm so happy for him! And he is in the best possible place right now with you and Darren! I look forward to seeing more pictures of him, too! He is gorgeous! I hope everything goes well with him getting along with your other doggies, too! So, he has FL tags on him, but when you contacted the vet, you and Darren think that this is indeed a different dog? Man, I wonder what happened, and why he has FL tags on? He must've been through so much before he came to you both, poor guy! Give him a hug for me!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh I'm so relieved to hear it! Zeus is a beautiful boy and he needs a good life now. I needed some good news

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at