great news for Shiner! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Talking great news for Shiner!

well, jim has decided that shiner deserves better than what he could give him. he deserves a yard and a family. plus, jim wants to eventually join the military, so we knew he needed another home.

so...jim put an ad on petfinder.com and we got a lot of responses. so what i did was went online and found other people's adoption forms and made one of our own. we had everyone fill them out.

well, this one lady seemed great and she even called today. we talked to her and she was really interested. some facts about her:

*she lives on 10 acres
*she has 4 dogs, some cats and 10 horses
*the horses are on the show circuit
*her husband has wanted a min-pin for a long time
*she has two kids and two that visit evey other weekend (from her hubby's other marriage)
*huge house
*knows about animals
*works on computer from home and is home ALL day
*lives very close to a vet hospital

so we asked her if she wanted to come and meet shiner. so she and her son (8 yrs old) came over and met shiner. they really liked him! i was REALLY thourough (sp?) with her. i let her know that she would have to sign a contract stating that he can only be walked outside on a leash and that he must be neutered. she said that she would do that anyways. so then we said we should take shiner to her place and see how he likes it. so he rode with her the whole way (10 min) and he slept!! good sign. we got there and he liked the other dogs, he chased the cats and he LOVED the horses! cutest thing!! (we made sure he didn't go in the pens so he didn't get stepped on).

soooo...
she has him now! they are keeping him till monday and she'll call to tell us if she still wants him. if so, she can keep him! she said she will bring him for his shots and HW preventative Wed (she's bringing her other puppies) and that she will get him fixed and all that soon. she seems so great!! she wants to take him to the horse shows and wants him for an inside, "pampered" dog. great!

what do you think guys? we really grilled her! and she seems awesome.

i'm so happy for shiner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I think it all sounds wonderful for him! It'll be good to know that Shiner's new home will be a pampered and loving one! Hopefully all will go well and they'll be keeping him! Hooray for Shiner!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I hope it works out best for him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

It sounds like shiner will be really happy there!!!! but that doesn't mean that Pinky can't hang around ehre anymore either!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

hahaha! i know carm! i'll let him know!

thanks guys!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Newborn Pup

well this is pinky (though i want to be the brain) and i just came back from checking on shiner today and he is doing well. the husband loved him and they slept together on the couch for about 2 hours. he seems to have already forgotten about me (sniff sniff, jk). he still thinks he's top dog between the blue heeler mix and a couple of sharpe's, but i suspect he will quickly be broken of that. he is wisely playing nice with the horses and staying away. i still don't know why jane insists on being the one to tell you all this. but i'm going to see how things are going in about a month, so they have time to bond with him.

If I have my dog in my car, does that count as drinking and driving?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

well the reason that I post is because he gets facts wrong!! they aren't sharpais (sp?)...they are great pyranees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!