Guess Who Graduated :) (Pics) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Guess Who Graduated :) (Pics)

The pics are not that great because I stoled them from the camcorder (incorrectly it would seem lol) but they get the general idea across....

The adult dog is the Trainer's dog. The three pups are the only three dogs in our class that actually made it through the whole course... everyone else changed classes or quit or whatever..so we had a small class lol.

Samson began as the smallest and youngest pup in the class. As you can see, outside of his teacher, he did manage to end the class as the biggest lol.

The following are just some pics of me giving him his final test in front of the instructor so he could graduate.

This is one of the best things Samson and I learned during the class. The command is "Settle" and it results in him virtually "Playing Dead" being completely down on his side head and all. It works WONDERS when he's all hyped out in getting him to relax. He lifts his head up sometimes but I say "Put your head back down" and down it goes lol. It is sooooooo cute when he does it!

Everyone knows this old trick *grin*

Here he is being told to "Wait" (stay) and he did FANTASTIC with it...I walked away (about 10ft) and teach dropped a treat about 3ft from him (by accident... he wasn't expected to endure that lol) but he STAYED!

Teach says.... "Congrats Samson. You Passed!"

And thus yet another puppy graduate was born

I'm so proud of the lil'tike. He's turning out to be one fine rottweiler.

He's even FINALLY got that whole house broken thing going on which I was really starting to think was hopeless lol

This concludes my bragging session lol.
There's a few extra pics at:
http://www.picolio.com/Gallery/PuppyGraduation072304

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PicOlio; 07-26-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

That is WONDERFUL!! Congrats to you and Samson. He's a beauty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Way to go Samson!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:08 AM

That last picture is adorable. What a good puppy he is and congrats on the graduation!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Congratulations!!

Rhonda

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Adolescent Pup

yeah way to go that last picture is great
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Aww...how cute! Congratulations Sampson!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Proud New Mommy

OMG!!! How adorable! Congratulations!!! That's awesome. I can't believe he stayed when you dropped the treat!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Congrats!

Was Samson's class at Petsmart?

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yes...the class was a local PETsMART 8wk puppy class. I've heard good and bad about their classes as it GREATLY DEPENDS on which trainer you get. I enjoyed working with the trainer we had though so our experience was positive.

I couldn't believe he stayed either lol. The other thing he had to do to pass was "Leave It" which DOES involve a dropped treat and when he goes for it I say "Leave it" and at that point he is to walk away from it and come (or at least look) my way. He does GREAT with LEAVE IT -- unless what he is leaving is a frog lol.

I'm really proud of him. I was (still am) greatly depressed over the loss of Max (our other rotty) and with that came the attitude that "Samson will never be as good as..." type of thing. Samson of course can't replace Max and they are both unique in their own ways but that "bad attitude" that this puppy will never be good enough has passed. I fought it...and failed. I'm completely attached and in love with the lil'guy. He's a wonderful dog and friend - Possibly it's time for me to update my avatar to include Samson's grad shot. Currently my Av is Max and Nikki ...

- Deb

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I thought that looked like Petsmart in the background! Thats awesome that they offer those classes. I bet they help a lot of dogs and people too. Thats great that Samson learned everything so well!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Congrats to you and Samson! What a wonderful little boy you've got there

Thanks for sharing the pics. I especially loved that last one. lol

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww! How great! Congrats sweetie!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aaw! congrats to you guys! i took penny to the classes there. cute hat!

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 02:44 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Congrats to you and samson!! I LOVE that last pic!