Gumbo is such a priss! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Gumbo is such a priss!

If the ground is the least bit wet, he won't go potty. He'll walk on wet asphalt all day long and play in the rain, but he won't potty on wet grass. Anyone else deal with this?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

that's too funny.... Never heard of that before.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Kali's the same way...a priss! Orion doesn't give a hoot, but Kali would rather hold it

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

my friend's chihuahua does the same thing. she will just hold it. and she can hold it aaaall day. but if she absolutely HAS to go (or sometimes if my friend tells her to), she TIP-TOES through the oh-so-yucky grass. haha! mine don't really care, especially chaquita.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Jade, Max was like this when he was a pup...and the way I broke him of it, and it sounds mean, but it worked...I let him sit out in the rain, and sit and sit and sit and sit until he peed. The first couple times I stood out there with him trying to get him to go, and all he would do was run to the back step and sit there waiting for me to let him in...so I decided that I wasnt the one who needed to stand out in the rain, so I pushed his little bum back towards the grass and ran inside. And of course he went right back to the step and stared at me through the glass. So I shut the door so he couldnt see me, but I could watch him from the back window. (All through this whole time I am telling him over and over again in a nice happy voice to go potty, except for when I shut the door that is ) He still sat on the step for a good 5 minutes getting wetter and wetter by the second and eventually he must have decided he better just go, and he did. He ran into the grass, went pee, and ran right to the door. I let him in and dried him off. And he was a happy camper. Of course I had to do this routine three or four times before he got the hint that he was NOT coming back inside until he did his business. He hates the rain, and every once in a while still has to be forced to pee when its raining.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I can't really do that, we're in an apartment. If he gets wet, I get wet too.

Stephanie

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh mine are like that, too, Steph! They don't like the rain at all. They take one look and walk away most times, if it's raining hard. If water is dripping from above the door on the way out, Kahlua and Penny are right back in! lol! Kahlua also *tiptoes* around the yard/grass, but they all will eventually go. It's something about that wet grass.. I think he will get used to it.

If there is a hint of thunder, Penny won't go out, she is terrified of thunder I try to get them out if the sky starts turning black before the thunder starts.

The family we got Kahlua from has a lab.. the lab refused to go out when it was raining, he would hold it all day if he had too, poor guy! He would eventually go out, but run back in, she said he hated the rain!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

LOL Odie is the same too!!! When I was in the other apartment that I had to leash him to take him out and it was raining he would stop cold on the door, facing me with his head back, pulling on the collar and leash and his face in an expression that clearly spelled NO! LOL.. now in the room I'm at I open the door and if it's raining he stands in the door for a while.. looks outside and gets back in.. I do the same as Melissa... I throw him out and close the door and look through the window while telling him to pee and poo.. he looks at me with disgust and then tip-toes to his spot.. goes and comes back running. LOL.. oh, and he jumps all the puddles that he finds!!!

Dimaris

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Yep, Riley is the same way! When I open the door and she sees that it's raining or has rained, she will look up at me like "Oh HECK NO! I'm not going out!" I have to push her outside. Scarlette (my Dobe) doesn't mind it at all.

Rhonda

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

While I don't have a dog, but I wanted to add that my LIL's pug does the same thing. When they were here with us she had to buy him baby socks to cover his feet or he would NOT go out in the snow. (or rain for that matter)
Now they are in NV where it is warmer & he is better but... he still doesn't like to get his feet wet in the rain. What I don't get is then whey does he play in his water dish?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 08:30 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Tito & Snooper do that!!

Snooper is a little better these days but Tito?? OMG, he hates wet grass! I have video of him tip toeing. Remember when we had the big snow last year Steph? Did I show you the video of Tito tip toeing through the snow and ice? Poor kid!

Tito will even hold it if it's too cold outside. Wuss! Which is one of the reasons he has so many sweaters and jackets.

~ Jodi ~

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

Jade, Our miss princess puppy, Tabitha wont go out even if she thinks it raining. We have a covered "Potty" area that she wont go on even though even in the worst weather she wont get wet. She'll hold it until her eyes turn yellow. (cant wait until rainy season hits Italy)

^^^Click Here^^^

Please Adopt Bianca!

for more information.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

jade Biscuit does that!!! She doesn't mind her feet getting wet....she doesn't like getting rained on! She refuses to go outside if it's raining!!! If we don't get a break in the rain she'll go to the next best place....our bedroom she isn't even allowed in our bedroom so I think she thinks she is hiding it fron us cause she isn't allowed in there and she won't do it while we are watching. I can not break her out of this habit.....so I'm buying her a doggy raincoat to see if that helps her!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Moose is like that. He goes on the cement if he really has to go and doesn't want to walk in the wet grass. When it storms he'll do his business in my basement! Ugh is that annoying! I am seriously thinking of getting him one of those dog litter boxes. I hear that they work really well for small dogs that don't like the outside elements.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1099005542846

Tags
litter box, litter boxes