Hair clippers - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Hair clippers

Indy only had his hair completely shaved less than a month ago and already it is 2 inches long. The hairdressers is £35 a time so I cant afford that every month.
I went to the pet shop to get some doggy clippers and there was 2.
1 was £60 and 1 was £110. I asked him which 1 was the best for Indys hair and he said the expensive 1. He showed it to me. It did not come with a comb, scissors or anything and only had 2 length attatchments. I said I would think about it.
We went to an electric shop today and bought mens hair clippers for £15 and they work a treat. The only thing is u have to charge them and they only last 30 mins so right now he is wandering around with half a haircut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:14 PM

lol, I bet he looks cute with half of his hairs gone.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:59 PM

lol ... i don't blame you. The ones you bought will work just as well .... I should know. For the last 2 years I've been giving my husband haircuts with the dog clippers! For some reason I can cut his hair fine but whenever I attempt to cut dog's hair with them the dog always ends up with a bald streak running up its back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Yep the human ones work good.
I completed him today and he looks nearly as good as when he went to the hairdressers. So i will be doing it myself in future.
I think I have the experience from all the boy relations hair I had to cut off coz they did not want to get nits at school
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:02 AM

I'm looking for some clippers for my shih tzu too. What brand do you guys have? Because I shaved my husband's hair with the conair ones and they died within a year.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

I think they are Nordic ones but I think babyliss is good too.
they should come with a years guarantee so if they do die you can take them back
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 08:57 PM

I've never seen those two brands before :-/
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCandy112
I've never seen those two brands before :-/
well I do live in Sweden so...
Where do you live?
I think Babyliss is widely distributed coz u can get it in the UK too
Just go to your local electric shop and see what they have to offer
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I prefer the Andis 2 speed. I think they're $80 or something like that. They're black and square. It's the kind I use on a daily basis at the shop. I work with people who have had them for over a year and a half doing up to 8 dogs a day, 5 days a week and they haven't had a problem with them, unless they dropped them. If you're looking for a durable clipper, those are your best bet. I like that you don't have to do hardly any work to maintain them. You can get these in the US at Petsmart or Petco.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 PM

They're more like $130
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

There's some that are about $80 and they come in a kit with a white cover and a dog (I think a cocker) and a horse and something else on it.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 10:19 AM

Well that was the web pages I'll have to go look when I get the chance. Not really important right now as seeing akio (my shih tzu) just came back from the groomer's on saturday.

Tags
pet shop, shih tzu