Harley, what is wrong?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Unhappy Harley, what is wrong??

We're at a loss completely with Harley.

The Revolution that we put on her is not helping at all. We've discontinued the use of steroids, as our vet said it's not making anything better.

She's been refusing to even go outside to do her business. She'll do her usual "I'm going to run in a circle because I have to potty," but when we go to let her out, she'll go towards the door and back up.

She's been urinating and deficating in the house. She vomited up grass today.

Nothing we are doing seems to be helping. I called and left a message on the veterinary clinic's answering machine. I'm wondering if it's best if we keep her overnight to see what they can do.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Aww, I'm sorry about Harley! Hang in there!

I don't know what could be wrong with her... I hope she feels better soon, give her a big hug for me!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm sorry..... If it helps we are still struggling over here, we are now dealing with diarrhea and all Beau and Dakota do is scratch and chew all day.... We took Dakota in to the vet yesterday as Beau get's really bad car sick, anyhow they haven't a clue they think it is a flea allergy and we are now going to try stronghold (u.k. version of revolution) as frontline top spot and the spray aren't working well at all, and we can't get frontline plus here....anyhow they also took some blood from Dakota and that got ran over to the lab, results should come today or tomorrow, we are hoping they don't find anything serious I know and understand your frustration completely too well, and I pray for both you and us that something can be found, because it sure sounds like Harley is going through the exact same thing as Dakota and Beau

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2004, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I left a message last night at the vet clinic, and they called back today.

We're dropping her off Monday morning. Nothing we are doing is working, and I'm ready to pull all of my hair out.

We took a blacklight to her to see if we could find ringworm (that's how we found the animals at work had it), and there were no glowing spots where the fur was missing, so that's a good sign.

But, it's also bad because we still don't know what's going on. I'm going to also take a stool sample in, see if they can run that. Same time I'll be taking Pumpkin's stool sample in to see if the bacterial infection cleared up.

Karen

[

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Best of luck Darren is supposed to be calling for the results of Dakota's blood work today, I hope it's in..... If they find anything I'll let ya know this way maybe just maybe they can test Harley for whatever it is...... Although I am hoping they found NOTHING!!!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Kim, did you ever find out the results from the bloodwork? I'm curious to what it is, so I can have Dan suggest they test to see if it's that.

She goes in tomorrow, so I really do hope they find something. Our past week and weekend have been non stop busy. Now, we have more on our plates than ever come tomorrow!

We have to get stuff off the computer, save it to disk, etc. Save favorites, blah blah blah. On top of having to worry about Harley and cleaning the house, etc.....

Karen

[

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

No I'm sorry, Darren was working all weekend and our phone is acting up it won't let us call cell phones or out of city codes.....UGH!!!! but I am going to do what we have to do to call this afternoon, the vet is open from 3-6 so I'll be sure to post as soon as we know

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well the blood tests came back, and Dakota showed negative on everything they tested for, which is great however it still leaves us clueless for the most part, so the only thing we can go on, is that he and Beau are suffering from a severe flea allergy, after all one flea can do alot of damage

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

CCL, I am praying all is well with Harley. You must be on pins and needles wondering what could be wrong. Hang in there and let's hope the outcome is positive (meaning good not that there is something wrong).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Went to the vet.

Did another skin scraping and couldn't find anything. They said to try a different food, as it could be allergies.

She's gobbling up the new food like it's no tomorrow. Let's hope that is all it is, although I still think part of it was her scraping along the stuff in the back that needs to be taken out. Lots of weeds and stuff back there.

When we first got home, I looked outside and saw a white thing zip by. Didn't know what the heck it was, a rabbit or whatever.

I went outside to check it out, and along comes this BIG cat!! Harley went nuts and tore into the crap outside. We had fun trying to get her in.

If this food doesn't work, we are demanding a blood test.

Karen

[

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I would bet it's an allergy of some sort since nothing else is working. I would ask about a referral to a dermatologist if the food doesn't take care of it. I hope he feels better!

Stephanie

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jade that is a good suggestion about the dermatologist.... I wish we had those here..... I have nothing to put on Beau and Dakota as we have stopped the aloe/baby oil rub downs due to trying out the Stronghold.....
CCL I really hope Harley is feeling better soon, I know ho miserable she must feel

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I'm actually going to call another vet tomorrow. I see commercials on tv all the time about a vet that specializes in allergies.

Maybe he can help!

She scratches like crazy! In the house, outside of the house, in the car, etc.

I really think if it was the cat like Dan insists, she wouldn't scratch outside of the house.

Karen

[

Tags
vet clinic