And he tries to claim he doesn't love animals.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

And he tries to claim he doesn't love animals..

I had to share this because I think it is funny.

A couple of weeks ago Biscuit started breaking out of her crate. We now have to padlock her into it to keep her there (she spends half her day lying in the crate with the door open but she decided of a night time she'd just break out and sleep on the lounge instead). Alex was getting really cranky with her and was telling me he was getting rid of her. I said no way and told him to not even suggest it.

When Emily was in hospital Alex had to go to work at night to make up for the time he was missing during the day. He took Biscuit to work with him. He told me it was cause he felt sorry for her cause she would've been lonely without Emily and I at home.

Then last night he had to go do some after hours work and he was putting his shoes on. Biscuit was in her crate (door open) and he asked her if she wanted to go with him so off to work she went.

He came back just over an hour later. Our stupid neighbours were having yet another party so I was still awake and got up cause I didn't expect Alex home so quick and was wondering if it was the neighbours coming into the yard. It was Alex, and he had a yellow lab with him. I asked him why he was bringing dogs home with him and he told me that she was following him and he couldn't just leave her out wandering the streets and then added 'imagine if it was Biscuit, we'd want someone to keep her safe and find us.'
I didn't recognise the dog at all so and our fence is not dog proof and there was nowhere to keep her inside so at 11.30pm Alex drove to the after hours vet (putting a strange dog in his car...this is a big thing for Alex) and got her scanned for a microchip.
He was so happy when he came back, the dog was microchipped and they were going to find out who the owners were in the morning. He was so happy and he still tries to claim that he doesn't care!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 08:41 PM

LOL, they think they're so tough but are really just big 'ol softies.

My mom likes to the talk about my dad because of this. Their first dog after they were married had to stay outside. The second was allowed in the house, but wasn't allowed on any furniture. The third dog (my childhood dog) was allowed everywhere but in their bed...and by the end of her 17 years of life, she was allowed there but he wouldn't admit to it.

Now, for their current dog (which I swear has replaced me as the only child) my dad BUILT STEPS so that she can get into their bed. It's pretty high, and the poor little Westie princess can't jump in with daddy. LOL.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie121
LOL, they think they're so tough but are really just big 'ol softies.

My mom likes to the talk about my dad because of this. Their first dog after they were married had to stay outside. The second was allowed in the house, but wasn't allowed on any furniture. The third dog (my childhood dog) was allowed everywhere but in their bed...and by the end of her 17 years of life, she was allowed there but he wouldn't admit to it.

Now, for their current dog (which I swear has replaced me as the only child) my dad BUILT STEPS so that she can get into their bed. It's pretty high, and the poor little Westie princess can't jump in with daddy. LOL.
there's a plaque about this that my boyfriends mom got for his dad. It says rules for a great pyrennes (they sell them for every dog though at most dog shows). It has a place for a pick and it goes through all the rules for the dog... Here's a link for one on Ebay with a boxer. Your dad reminded me of this plaque lol.
forgot the link sorry http://cgi.ebay.com/hr-BOXER-NOVELTY...ayphotohosting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:58 PM

LOL!! That is too sweet. My husband is the same way. He claims he could care less.

Little do they know, we know better.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:10 PM

Oh man, my dad is just like that. One minute he'll be complaining about the hassle of having a dog and the next minute I'll catch him cuddled up on her bed with her talking in a baby voice saying "Who's daddy's puppy!" Or I'll walk in and he'll be holding the cat like a baby and rocking him
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

Haha! That's so cute, Carm. I can just picture Alex doing that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Leo

That is sooo cute.... my hubby used to HATE little dogs and called them "little rat dogs" after 6 years of begging & pleading & a ton of research My husband finally gave in and bought me Leo as a birthday present(not from a petstore)... I have caught him several times when I am not in the room cuddling with Leo and talking to him in this weeee little voice (I don't get this because he talks to the bigger guys in a regular voice) saying ohhhh you are sooo cute ohhh yesss you are!! and other silly non manly phrases LOL.... Even though we have only had Leo since the end of Jan... he has grown on my husband and now he actually likes "little rat dogs"... Sometimes it is so cute how our hubbies can be with the pets when they don't think anyone is looking! Did they find the owner to the dog?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:20 PM

lol, yup! hubby says hes not a pet person, but i caught him snuggling with the bunnies on ocassion. and sneaking them treats. speaking of this, i should post the pic i took of it!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty_ratkins
lol, yup! hubby says hes not a pet person, but i caught him snuggling with the bunnies on ocassion. and sneaking them treats. speaking of this, i should post the pic i took of it!
lol yeah we'd love to see that! My boyfriend moved in with me and my 2 cats in january. Then he said he didn't even like cats...now he is almost as much of a mother to them as me!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellahart
there's a plaque about this that my boyfriends mom got for his dad. It says rules for a great pyrennes (they sell them for every dog though at most dog shows). It has a place for a pick and it goes through all the rules for the dog... Here's a link for one on Ebay with a boxer. Your dad reminded me of this plaque lol.
forgot the link sorry http://cgi.ebay.com/hr-BOXER-NOVELTY...ayphotohosting

OMG, too funny! They really must all be alike! I have to look for one of those for a Westie. Thanks for the link!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie121
OMG, too funny! They really must all be alike! I have to look for one of those for a Westie. Thanks for the link!
check her ebay store...she has stuff for a lot of different breeds
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Bravo, Alex! That's real sweet. Sounds like he's just being a man and doing more than saying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:44 PM

Jason is constantly telling me "stop babying him!" whenever i'm loving on Charlie (he's Jason's boy)... then i catch him kissing on him and rubbing his ears and giving him extra treats...
typical male apparently...
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 05:17 PM
SwC

Lol that is a really good story. Men are bigger babies then they like us to think. My dad always said he "hated" little dogs. Only the big ones would be in his house such as shepards, dobbies, etc. My mom had a little party poodle who was not much bigger than your hand full grown. My dad always acted like he just couldnt stand her when ever anyone was around. When she became pregnant with her first litter he was omg no way no more dogs. Anyway he wasnt expecting it one morning that my mom and I walked into the kitchen and there was my dad at the kitchen table feeding Shaun scrambled eggs with a spoon at that!! She was in his lap wiht her paws on the table and he was speaking to her like you would a toddler lol. He was so embarrased when he realized we had been standing back taking all this in. His excuse was "Well she's pregnant and needs the extra calories and I didnt want to throw what I didnt eat of my eggs away" lol. He scrambled eggs for her through out her pregnancy every morning after that and kept the pups too. By the way after her passing several years later I had my son who my husband also had loved this dog named our son Shaun!!!!! We tease him now and then he was named after a poodle lol.

Last edited by SwC; 06-26-2006 at 05:22 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 PM

gotta love men!!

Tags
yellow lab