Help me! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Help me!

Ok, so I've talked to Lox and he's agree that if I can get our Landlord to allow it, we can get a dog!!

So, here's what I was thinking. I plan to put into a letter all of the reasons I think it will be "no hassle" for him if we get a dog. Hopefully by doing it in writing he'll have time to really read and think about it before giving an answer. I can't find our lease so I'm not exactly sure what it says.

Anyhow, here are the reasons I have so far:
  • Not getting a puppy so there's less chance of chewing on walls, doors, etc. and accidents.
  • We have all tile floors, so if there are accidents there's no mess for him.
  • Not getting a "small yapper" so no worries about it bugging the neighbors.
  • We've been here for almost a year and he's had no problems from us.

We're very seriously considering adopting a Greyhound... are there any other things you think we could add?

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Hmm, you may also want to say where you would plan on taking the dog for potty breaks and how there would be no worries of messes outside of the apartment.

I think a Greyhound would be the perfect choice! I hope it all works out for you.

Rhonda

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Greyhounds are generally quiet dogs. Ours rarely make a peep.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Greyhounds are wonderful, quiet, couch potatoes. Maybe giving him some info on the breed(s) you are thinking about may help. Good luck!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:22 PM

Maybe you could add that you've researched the breed in question. Also it might not hurt to mention that you planned on obiedience classes if you are.

Good luck hon
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I cant think of any ideas to help out...but I really hope that your landlord okays a dog...everything that you have mentioned and that everyone else has mentioned sounds really good though!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! I'll let you know when I finish the letter.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

When my p's had someone rent their place out that had a show dog their only concern was that pay for any damages...a scratched up screen door etc. Maybe you could add that you are getting a retired greyhound, give him a list of info. about them (like Mandie said) and then just add that if something were ever to happen, you would pay for any costs involved to fix it! You'd need to word it so he doesnt think you think anything is going to happen but it might help ease his mind.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 10:46 AM
PT's Official Law Breaker

I love Greyhounds! If you are getting a greyhound make sure you mention that they aren't hyper active noisy dogs that will be running round and round you apartment all the time. A lot of people think that because they are racing dogs they will be on the go all the time, but like Mandie and Jade said they are quiet, couch potato dogs!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Christi- I don't have a whole lot of advice to offer- but will keep my fingers crossed for you!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Thanks so much! Anyone know where I might find a sample letter to give me a starting point?

My next challenge is to find an adoption agency that will adopt to us - the one I found up the road won't let us because Ry isn't 8 years old ?!? What the heck...

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I can send you a copy of the letter I gave my trailer park a while back when I was trying to get the to release the dog ban in the park. It will give you an idea of everything we proposed too. I'll see if I still have it at home on my computer (will be home in a couple hours)
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Thanks Kay, that'd be great!

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Ry has to be 8... that's dumb.

Good Luck Christi
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 06:43 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Talking

Crossing my fingers for you!!