Help! New Puppy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Help! New Puppy!

I just got my first puppy in my adult life. He was born November 10, 2007, and I brought him home in February. I potty trained him pretty quickly, and he started to go days without an accident. He finally learned to go to the door if he had to go, and I was so proud of him. Now fast forward a month. He pees where ever he wants. He peed on me and my fiance in separate instances. I know hes peeing a lot along the windows in the living room. My whole house smells. I am so exasperated. I try and watch him 100% of the time. I think he doesn;t even slow down when he goes, so it doesn't look like hes going. I don't know what to do, or how to retrain him.He eats puppy training pads and basically everything else. I don't know how to stop him because I never see him do it. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 PM

New puppy

You might take him to vet to see if anything is wrong. It sounds like he might have other problems, because he was doing so good on the house breaking. Has anything changed in your life that might make him feel insecure or jealous?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Has he been neutered? Does he pee all out, or are they small little puddles. This kind of sounds like marking to me. You could try crate training, if you haven't already. Most dogs won't pee in the crate unless they have a medical issue or have been kept in the crate too long.

In the meanwhile, get a bottle of Nature's Miracle: http://www.dog.com/item/natures-mira...r-24-oz-spray/

it works wonders! I love this stuff to pieces. With 2 little pups in the house, it's well needed.

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

A vet check would prolly be a good idea. Also is he crate trained? keeping him in a crate when you cant give him 100% of your attention will help a bit, that way you can take him outside before hes let loose in the house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

He has been neutered and is crated. He pees in his crate most of the time. He isn't marking his territory, because he pees it all out. I can take him out and he'll pee, and then in 10 mins, he'll pee again in his crate.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

It sounds like he might have a bladder infection or something. The vet can give you some pills for him to take that will help and he'll get that control over his bladder back, if its that.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

o0o yeah, that isn't "normal". I'd have a vet take a look for sure. Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

That doesn't sound normal.He should have a vet check up.Sounds like it might be an infection or something.
I would also look into neutering him as well.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
crate trained, crate training, potty train, potty trained