Help! Remind me... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Arrow Help! Remind me...

Can someone please remind me why I have dogs?
Why oh why did I want a German Shepherd puppy??

I woke up this morning, let all the kids out to go potty and let them back in. I was still tired and wanted to go back to bed so I put them in the laundry room with the doors closed. I do this all the time (when they need to eat, when it's nap time, etc). The laundry room is kind of like their area. So.....I gave them a bowl of food and went back to bed. I didn't hear a thing. When I got up about 1/2 hour later I realized why they had been so quiet.

One of the closets in the laundry room holds the 2, 40 lbs bags of dog food (puppy & adult). Apparently Manto got into the closet, pulled the bags of dog food out and decided to spread them all over the floor. He also pulled out the corn cob bedding (for Toby) and spread that too. He ripped holes in the bags. It was a mess. He also got a hold of bag of Beggin Strips. Those are gone. Wal-mart bags everywhere.

I know better! I've been through this kind of thing before!! If you look in the picture you can see Manto's crate! Why didn't I have him crated?? UGH!

So let me just say...never trust a puppy alone!!!!!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

OH MY!! Ya gotta love puppies. They don't mean to cause trouble. hehe

I would love to have seen the look on his face when he was "caught"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 11:03 AM
still waiting for a title

Uh-oh, I guess it's time to puppy proof those closets.

Leigh Ann, Scott, Patrick, Pumpkin, Gizzy Izzy Wizzy, Brighton, Princess Jill, and Baby Jaqueline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Oh yikes! I know that emotion way too well. My boxer puppy Max used to do all sorts of naughty things when I wasn't home or paying attention. One time he ate 3 800mg Ibuprofin that I was prescribed. He promptly had to have his stomach pumped and I watched him like a hawk for days to make sure he was going to be okay!
I dread the puppy stage of life in any of my future dogs!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh my goodness! He did do quite a job. He knew where the good stuff was for sure. Well, watcha gonna do right? You just love 'em to pieces anyways.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Adolescent Pup

It could be worse when Kodi was a puppy he ate the hard wood baseboards and part of the stairs. He then ate one of my shoes for dessert. I had never seen anything like it in my life. But aren't puppies great

I smile because I have absolutely no idea what's going on!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh Jodi!! I can't even imagine the look on your face when you opened that door!
I wonder what the other 2 were doing while Manto was having a blast making that mess... I'm sure they were saying "oooh you're gonna be in big trouble mister!"

Holy cow And of course not catching him in the act there was nothing you could really do but remove him and not let him see you cleaning it all up. I'm sure he was very proud of himself too - wagging that cute little tail saying "look what I did Mom!"

Sheesh, I wish I could have at least come help you clean it up - I know you were in no mood to tackle that!

Crating him with safe things to keep him busy - you're right. Puppies will be puppies and GSD puppies will be bigger puppies that get into bigger messes!

I know it's no consolation, but I remember a couple of horrific Jack fiascos that I came home to more than once, then slapped myself in the head for trusting him in a confined space - with his crate available -

Manto has a lot of energy and curiosity right now - as you obviously know!

Hang in there Jodi- he'll calm down and be the best buddy and the dog you imagined.

[center]

[
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Poor Manto is getting all of the blame when I'm sure it was Snooper and Tito!

Rhonda

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Yes, I have been kicking myself for leaving them unattended like that. It's funny how you don't listen to your own advice! LOL

And ya know what Scarlette?! I bet you anything that Tito Burrito was egging Manto on. Now Snooper, I don't think she had anything to do with it. She's older and knows better (seen mom mad plenty of times in her life!! lol) But Tito? I bet he was telling Manto "yo, pull those bags out and spread 'em around" Hmpf.

Ahhh, to have the energy of a puppy.

~ Jodi ~

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

ok Now I am picturing the senario- Tito as the ring leader - directing Manto "Yo- that other bag - that's for the big baby with wings - get it - yeah, yeah, that's it - rip it up - go for it!" "Yo, Snoops... you watch the door, if you hear her coming, one low bark - that's the signal" "Everyone to your stations - Go!"

"If all else fails, we trick her - get lost in the garage - she'll hunt all over the 'hood frantic, we'll be very, very quiet and ignore her calls- when she finally finds us - we'll get lots of treats and hugs out of the deal!"

[center]

[
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

OMG that must have been awful to walk into. Claire has a habit of getting into pany hose, lol.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 02:19 PM

Oh my.. I heard that a Hurricane was coming along but I thought they usually hit the outside of the house... Sorry that happened and I hope he is trained now and behaving as well as a puppy can!!!

----------------
Gary Sicard

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 02:50 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

*snort*

Dutchy wants to give Manto a virtual "high five" ... OMG - I don't miss those days - heeheeheee

Sharon
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja
ok Now I am picturing the senario- Tito as the ring leader - directing Manto "Yo- that other bag - that's for the big baby with wings - get it - yeah, yeah, that's it - rip it up - go for it!" "Yo, Snoops... you watch the door, if you hear her coming, one low bark - that's the signal" "Everyone to your stations - Go!"

"If all else fails, we trick her - get lost in the garage - she'll hunt all over the 'hood frantic, we'll be very, very quiet and ignore her calls- when she finally finds us - we'll get lots of treats and hugs out of the deal!"
OMG LMAO!!! Linda, why do you do these things!?!?!? I just can't stop lauging at your post!!

Jodi...
do you remember about 2 months ago you emailed me & told me to remind you how excited you were when you brought him home & how much you love him & how sweet & GOOD he was being???? WEEELLLLL.... I think this is one of those times you need reminding!!

hang in there hon!!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstybrat

OMG LMAO!!! Linda, why do you do these things!?!?!? I just can't stop lauging at your post!!

Jodi...
do you remember about 2 months ago you emailed me & told me to remind you how excited you were when you brought him home & how much you love him & how sweet & GOOD he was being???? WEEELLLLL.... I think this is one of those times you need reminding!!

hang in there hon!!
Oh gosh! I'm sorry but I did laugh too! I do know what your going through though, Gambler is 4 months old now and a very lively puppy he is. Sometimes I just need more rest and just can't get it. It's like having a little toddler child again, lol. The good thing is~ They Grow up very fast!

Tags
corn cob, corn cob bedding, dog food, german shepherd