Help with spoiled behavior - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Help with spoiled behavior

My husband had a heart attack the last of February, after he came home I must have reacted to Tag differently, because he has started barking at me to get my attention. Of course when my husband was resting or whatever that sharp bark had to be quieted now Tag's driving me and everyone else crazy. What I have been trying to do is ignore him, but the person in the other room trying to talk on phone or watch TV gets a little upset. He really seems to zero in on times when it is hard to stop what you are doing like doing dishes (I don't have a dish washer.) Any one got any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my dog does this alot, he just recently started as well, the only thing I have found that works is I say no in a stern voice and turn away from him, then he stops, sits and looks at me with those big old say eyes and I give him a love lol...its working, now he only barks to get the cat to chase him

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 07:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

When he barks, turn your back on him...giving him any attention, negative or positive is going to make him keep it up...he will think "Hey,when I do this, everyone pays attention to me!"...so the best thing to do, is turn your back and walk away.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 03:31 PM

i agree
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 12:34 PM

maybe he is jealous of the attention your husband is getting or insecure because he notices a change in both of you. Give lots of attention when he is being good.