Help! trying to get second dog! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Help! trying to get second dog!

i am trying to convince my parents to get me a second dog. the problem is, i havent taken care of the 1st dog very much, because of school . now that summer came, i have been taking VERY good care of my first dog. i am now going into 8th grade, which my sister (who is one grade older than i am) told me that at our school 8th grade homework is very minimal. i also offered to help pay vet bills and for other stuff for the dog, but it is still a no. the problem is that my mom does not want anything to do with the puppy, mainly taking it to the vet. i pointed out that my mom has to take the other dog to the vet anyway. thats about it.....any advice is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please post!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I think for now you should stick to one dog. I just got through eighth grade, and even if homework is not a lot at your school, you'll need time to hang out with friends, take your old dog for walks, and have time to play with it. And, once eighth grade ends, you'll be in ninth grade and there the homework builds up. And then you would have two dogs to take care of! So, stick with one dog for now, your parents are right in saying no for now. No offense is meant, but I'm a kid too, and I know how tough balancing hobbies, pets, friends, and school is.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

To be perfectly honest, I'm with your mom on this one. If she doesn't want to take care of health care and you're going to be in school, it's hard to justify being responsible for another dog, especially a puppy. A puppy will require training and that's hard to do when you've got school, homework, and other activities on your plate, especially if the responsible adult in the household doesn't want to do any of the training/vet care.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
To be perfectly honest, I'm with your mom on this one. If she doesn't want to take care of health care and you're going to be in school, it's hard to justify being responsible for another dog, especially a puppy. A puppy will require training and that's hard to do when you've got school, homework, and other activities on your plate, especially if the responsible adult in the household doesn't want to do any of the training/vet care.
I agree 100% with Jade...if the parents aren't willing to take responsibility for vet care, training, and over all maintenence of the puppy when you are at school, it isn't fair to the puppy. Your scholastic career is just begining! After 8th grade you will be in high school and homework, games, hobbies and other interests are going to end up taking priority. If your parents aren't willing to help out with the new dog, is that really fair to the dog? I would stick with the one you have and love it enough for two dogs...you have your whole life to get another one to share your love. Be patient and you'll see...

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I'm with Jade and Millimi on this 100%.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Tags
vet care