Here's Allison! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Here's Allison!

Here is Allison, our catahoula mix. She has all the characteristics of a catahoula. Who ever gave her up missed out on one great dog. She is top dog in our house!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goofy mut.jpg (25.0 KB, 19 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Part of the Pack

Allison looks so sweet, im sure she is top dog by the way she's looking

animalexpert - a life long learner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Qualifications: FdSc AMgt. N.Dip AMgt, and VetMed Cert
Working towards: BSc AMgt, A.Dip AB, Marine Zoology and Herptology
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She is a cutie, and at least she has a great home with you now!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She's beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Part of the Pack

Awww, she is just a doll, with a wonderful face !

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Glowing New Mommy

catahoula ?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

What a cutie!

~ Jodi ~

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

what a pretty girl.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

too cute, but I have never heard of the breed. Can you give a little info on it?

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

from what I have read the catahoula supposedly was originally in europe. They do know that the native americans were the first to use the breed in louisianna....louisianna catahoula leopard dog. They were used for cattle herding, they were a working dog. Great for hunting. Allison loves to stalk the birds in the backyard. She occassionally brings them to the door. They are a very dominant dog, even dominant over the humans. I had to really work with her on the dominance thing. I had to walk her to her chain in the back yard, I had to walk her to the car , I had to literrally show her who was boss. She's got the idea now. And for everyone to know she was only on a chain for a short time for her training, she would wiggle out of that and run off. She no longer runs off. I can leave her in the back for a while while i am home, I can take her to the river now and let her off her leash, she comes back when it is time to leave. They are also very mischievious. LOVE to cause trouble. Very hyperactive dog. She learned how to play football from daddy. Yet the breed is VERY loyal, very loyal. Very protective of their territory. She loves our children, very gentle. She wrestles with my son who is 9. He only got hurt twice because they butted heads coming around a corner. I also have a 19 month old, they wrestle....well more a less nudge eachother with their noses. The catahoula is a very intelligent breed. I can actually tell Allison to go wait by the door of the car when we are ready to leave, or tell her to wait by the door of the house when we get back from wherever, and she will do it. if there is a dog passing by the house while we are in the yard and I tell her its ok she stays put. I love her so much. I am very glad I brought her into our home. She is a darn good dog.