here's my drama - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

here's my drama

So, since i'm putting it all out there I'll share the rest of my drama.

First... Yesterday Rebel went down and we had to take him to the vet. His hips have gotten bad, and the vet feels that its getting close to time to let him go. I know in my heart what the right choice is, but it is so hard. At most, we expect he's got about 6 months before he is in that much pain and we have to make the choice.

Then.....

The lady i'm getting my adorable puppy from has made me an incredible offer if I take a second pup. A major discount. There are several reasons she did it, but I guess her biggest one would be she has 3 litters on the ground with 2 more coming. Who knows. Anyway, CRAZY as I am.. I can't help but at least think about it. Hubby wants to go for it, and has "all" the answers. Part of me says yes, part of me says no... *sigh* If we did.. this is the one we'd get. IF people, IF.

What do you think?? Aside from the obvious. I know i'm nuts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

You know what I'm going to say....... GO FOR IT!

The only drawbacks I can think of is obviously trying to potty train 2 puppies at the same time might be a bit of a challenge. Plus, they might bond with each other rather than having a strong bond with you. I don't know, just my first thoughts.....but I've never tried to raise 2 puppies at the same time so I could be completely off here.

Rhonda

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

LOL!! I figured you'd say that.

Fortunately my job hours have changed to where there is always someone here and up during the day. YAYY!! I now work 7a to 7p on sat and sun and hubby is home and up then. That is a blessing where potty training comes in. They are a few weeks apart, so would not come at the exact same time. That is also a bonus.

I've raised multiple pups before. It isn't easy, but it can be done. I am just so torn.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I'm with Scarlette!! And let me just say.... that pup is freaking adorable!!! No wonder hubby says yes!!

Chrisanne, I'm sorry about Rebel. My heart hurts for you. Sending you big hugs. (((hugs)))

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think if you have the room and are physically and mentally up for it then go for it as they will grow up together and be play mates for one another. If both your heart and your head says yes then you will have made the right decision

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Well, if they're a few weeks apart that would surely give you time to form a bond with the first one, and it sounds like the potty training would be no problem! So, my next question is......what are you going to name THEM?

I am also sorry about Rebel. You will know when the time is right. You will be in my thoughts.

Rhonda

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am so sorry to hear about Rebel...he will be in my thoughts and prayers...

the puppies are gorgeous...good luck on figuring it all out

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

go for it! the puppy is adorable!!

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 04:54 PM
Miss New Booty

Chrisanne, I'm so very sorry to hear about Rebel.

Oh my, what a cutie this puppy is! I'd say go for it!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Glowing New Mommy

Get em both!!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That pup is so adorable! It would be hard to say no!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i just wanted to say that i am very sorry to hear about Rebel. you will do what is right.

and you will do what is right when it comes to the puppies. i think you KNOW deep down what you want.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Chrisanne, if it was me, I wouldnt be able to say no! That puppy is just too darn cute!!

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I of course say go for it,` but `have yet to have a puppy (Pammy is helping me type from the side here so ignore the extra `marks. I am sorry to hear about Rebel. Remember in your heart that it is the quality of life

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I of course say go for it,` but `have yet to have a puppy (Pammy is helping me type from the side here so ignore the extra `marks. I am sorry to hear about Rebel. Remember in your heart that it is the quality of life that is important over the quanitity, but I know how hard it is to let a family member go wheny ou love them so much.

Tags
potty train, potty trained, potty training