He's not born yet..but we can introduce him anyway :P - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

He's not born yet..but we can introduce him anyway :P

When Max passed we were determined to open our homes/hearts to a brand new rottweiler pup for the long haul. Samson "Shadow of Maximus" was the perfect pup to fill those shoes. Such an angel... possibly so much an angel that he needed to be by the Rainbow Bridge w/ Max more than here on earth. Ugh..I don't want to cry in this thread though. Samson was only able to make it close to 6 months old and as everyone knows we're still wanting to experience the full life of a Royal Rott from puppy to OLD AGE. As such, hubby has tried again and this time, with lessons learned (we hope!), he did a ton more research and has put a deposit down on a "Show Quality" puppy with OFA approved parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc.

The puppy's father is rated Excellent and the mother Good. We're sure hoping this will give us much greater odds of being able to share our life with a rott that can run, and jump, and play, and swim w/o pain for several years.

This is a pic of the father, who you will notice, was lucky enough to be able to keep his tail. This is because he was an import from Europe where they are SMART ENOUGH not to dock the tails. I WISH the USA would hurry up and make that rule!

Father - Rathko

Father - With that classic silly look

This pic of the father cracks me up too....

I don't have very good pics of the mother... Alec... but I'm sure you can see she's beautiful even if the pics don't do her justice...

The babies are due on Halloween night..Oct 31st, 2004. We're hoping that means they'll be a treat and not a trick!

We, of course, will not be able to bring our lil'boy home until 8 weeks after they are born which puts us at a bring home date of Christmas day or close to it.. depending on when they are actually born probably a day or two after Christmas...

We are hopeful of having second pick of the males, but may get third. There's another couple that is "wishy washy" but if they decide to go with a pup from this litter they'll have second pick. If not then we will.

So we've got about 9 weeks to pick out a name... I imagine it'll take me about 10 or 11 weeks though lol.

Please keep Alec, the mother, in your thoughts and prayers. I admit that I am scared. Samson really took something out of me and caused a paranoia that I need to get under control. I'm so worried something will go wrong with the litter or something crazy like that. I've also noticed that I've quickly become over protective of Chelsea our shepherd. I get scared if she jumps or does anything that looks like it might cause pressure on her joints. I even left the ramps up that we built for Samson thinking maybe it's better if she doesn't have to take any steps up/down either. Which logically is ridiculous because the extent of our "stairs" is a single 4 inch step on two doors that go from the outside to the inside but I can't help it

So if you could pray for Alec and the breeders that everything can go smoothly for them and for Chelsea and the new puppy that I don't hinder them in any way..e.g. that I get over my paranoia and allow them to play and function normally I'd really appreciate it.

Other than that... I'm just full of hope and anxious to be able to intro the puppy to all of you in hopes of being able to drive you nutz with tons of brags for MANY YEARS to come.

If you have any SPECTACULAR name ideas by all means share them. I have a long list so far of potential names but for some reason nothing seems to be "good enough" for the lil'guy that hasn't even seen daylight yet.

For others that may also be on name hunts now or in the future..this is my list so far..... some are good..some maybe not so good but I'm still looking for something unique and royal lol...

ADMIRAL
APOLLO
BANSHEE
BRUNO
BUDDY
CAESAR
(hurri) Kain
CHOPIN
COLONEL
CONGO
DAKOTA
DANTE
DIABLO
EINSTEIN
HERCULES
HOUDINI
JAVA
KAMIKAZE
KING
KOBI
KUJO
LAZARUS
MAGNUM
MAJOR
MIKITO
NAPOLEON
NITRO
OMEGA
OMNI
OSO http://www.bearwithus.org/oso.htm
OTTO
ROMEO
SARGE
SCOUT
Teal'c
TORO
Tsunami
TURBO
ZEUS

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PicOlio; 10-25-2004 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

The pup sounds like a great addition to your family! The guarantee sounds wonderful too. And we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

And I love the names Apollo, Dante, and Zeus...they are very cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh speaking of the guarantee...

This pup comes with a big contract! It details our responsiblities as the owners and their responsibilities as the breeders. They give a two year guarantee against any dysplasia or OCD or ANYTHING that would "take the pup out of a show ring". They also DEMAND that the dog NOT be bred until after it's two years old AND has passed the OFA requirements! If the dog does not pass the OFA, besides the guarantee they offer, they DEMAND that you spay or neuter the dog to ensure it is NOT bred. But they do allow you to "keep the dog" as a pet

Just a ton of stuff in the contract that screams "WE CARE ABOUT THIS BREED AND YOU BETTER CARE TOO!!!" That really made me feel good. They actually want us to do prelim checks on the pup and report to them as well as the 2 yr checks and OFA approval and they actually follow up to be sure we do it. So I am excited because it does seem like hubby found breeders that a) ONLY breed rottweilers b) have been involved in all of the shows and clubs and quality control for over 15 years and c) do care about who gets their pups. Heh they even have a rule that limits you from "over breeding" a female. I admit I was smiling when reading the contract

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:29 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Aww Deb, that's great. BEAUTIFUL mom and dad!
I'm very happy for you!

I like the name Bruno. Fits a rottie perfect!

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Wow! Deb it looks like you guys found a winner of a breeder! Contracts seem to be excellent and everything seems to be in order. People don't guarentee like that unless they are darn near positive about the health histories. I will definetly keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! Mom and especially Dad are absolutely breathtaking! Give hubby a pat on the back for doing good work

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Deb, I will definitely keep the pup's mum in my thoughts and pray for a problem-free delivery. The parents are drop dead gorgeous! Your husband did an excellent job finding a reputable breeder.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

What a handsome fellow Where at in Europe was the dad imported from, because it isn't against the law just yet in Italy NOT to dock the tail like I thought it was
I'm excited for you, the mom and pups will be in my thoughts, and btw I like the name Apollo

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Deb! The parents are just beautiful!!!!! You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everthing goes smoothly with Alec.

Awesome names! So hard to choose!!! I love the names Dante and Apollo, too!!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Where at in Europe was the dad imported from, because it isn't against the law just yet in Italy NOT to dock the tail like I thought it was
Rathko, the father, was imported from Yugoslavia when he was 18 months old...

I asked if there was anyway our puppy could keep his tail but since they dock them at 3 days old and have no way of knowing at that time which pups will be "Show Quality" vs "Pet Quality" vs "Chosen by the 1st pick purchasers" or even for sure if they'll survive there's no way for them to just leave one pup out of the docking lineup ..so our lil one will be tailless Sometimes I wonder if I couldn't just pin an Eeyore tail on the lil tike

I'm leaning toward Apollo as well. It's funny because with Maximus, Samson, and this one I have tried soooo hard to come up with something unique and completely failed cuz ironically those three names are probably the MOST POPULAR dog names, esp rotty names, on the planet lol. I'm really trying to go "different" this time but failing

Thanks for googling over the unborn baby ... it's nice to smile...but the anticipation is killing me! I've never been a patient person

- Deb

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Congratulations on a new pup! You guys must be so excited!

I really like the name Doablo, fits any puppy perfectly.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

6 months, that is terrible. Poor baby. Sounds like you will get a really healthy one this time, though! Good luck, and you sound like he perfect home for a puppy with such beautiful parents. I love the father's "silly look" photo! LOL.

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Congrats on the new puppy. His parents are beautiful. I wish he could keep his tail. I can't wait to hear more about him and see baby pics once he's born.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 07:38 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Aww, congratulations -- you really deserve it. Both the parents look great. I was leaning towards Apollo from the list even before I read the replies ... I think it'll be a great name if that's what you indeed go with.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Aww honey! the time will go by before yuo know it! I'm sure you'll be attached before you even have it in your arms. You haev been through so much lately that you deserve the break. As hard as I know it is (first hand) try to be patient... I'm sure you baby will be worth the wait!
(ps I like Apollo too )
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Yay!

You know what? I think that finding a guaranteed pup like this is probably the best thing, considering your situation. It may not guarantee that the pup will be perfect, but at least you can be comforted in the fact that you will hear back from them if you ever needed to ask them something.

I hope you can contain your excitement, though I expect a full report once you hear of the litter's birth!

Tags
pet owner, pet quality, reputable breeder