Hi, I'm Daisy (puppy pics) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Smile Hi, I'm Daisy (puppy pics)

Hi, I'm Daisy. I'm a lab/husky mix. I was 6 weeks old yesterday. I have actually been with my new family since last Wednesday.......what a surprise, I thought I wasn't coming to live with them until this week). But, you see, I wasn't raised in very good conditions. I lived outside and was very, very dirty!! I also had a TON of fleas!! And, the people were feeding me adult dog food!! When they told my momma she could go ahead and take me home, she didn't hesitate to get me out of there. She's been trying to find homes for my littermates, so hopefully they will have new, clean homes soon too.

I initiated one of my new human big sisters good that first day.......I threw up, pee'd and poo'd on her (all in about 3 hours )!!

My momma called the vet and made an appt for me for my shots but, she took me in last week to get something for those nasty fleas. I only weighed 4.2 lbs. Yesterday, when I went to the vet she said I was a healthy little girl, and already up to 5 lbs. The vet said I wouldn't be real big, only about 50 lbs when I'm grown up. She said the fleas were all gone, too. And, I was a good girl, and slept right through the shot (didn't hurt a bit)!!

I have already learned how to climb up the porch steps and up into the house. I whine when I have to go potty, and my momma always takes me out and I go just like a big girl. I have only had a couple accidents inside, because my sister's didn't take me out as soon as I woke up (even tho my momma told them they have to immediately because I can't hold it yet). I have actually gone to the door and whined to go outside. And, tonight I turned down a treat when were training "sit" and "shake" because I needed to go poo.

My momma is teaching me to sit (which I do very well when there's a treat involved ), and I have started taking walks to the mailbox on the leash, I do pretty good with that, when it doesn't get tangled around my feet. I go "bye-bye" everyday to take my sister to school and pick her up, and to take my other sister to work. Sometimes, tho, I just want to lay on my momma's lap when we're in the car.

Well, I'm tired now, and need a nap before school lets out. Here are some pics of me. My momma will post more later this week.

Puppy Kisses,

Daisy

Terri....AKA Chicklet

Momma to 3 fur babies
--Jazzy 2/20/1993 (breed unknown)

--Baby 4/11/03 - 9/20/04 (black lab mix)
(I love you and miss you very much!!)

--Daisy 8/31/04 (yellow lab mix)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweeeeee what a story bless Daisy's little heart!! Glad to hear you brought her home when you did, it sure sounds like she is better off, and can now live a healthy full life with a family that will love and care for her

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Awww, what a sweet story!

How about some pics??

~ Jodi ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

OOOPS!! I forgot to post the pics

Look how dirty I was

Some of my littermates (I have the pretty pink collar on)

My first bath

Drying off

After my bath (Even after my bath, my face was still dirty....It took days for Momma to get me totally clean)

Such a pretty girl (but, my coat isn't really this yellow yet)

Terri....AKA Chicklet

Momma to 3 fur babies
--Jazzy 2/20/1993 (breed unknown)

--Baby 4/11/03 - 9/20/04 (black lab mix)
(I love you and miss you very much!!)

--Daisy 8/31/04 (yellow lab mix)

Tags
dog food, husky mix