Homechecks - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Homechecks

In order to adopt Aster we will need to go through a homecheck. Which is fine, however I have never been through one and was just wondering what I could expect. Do they go through everything like a house inspection? Or do they just come and talk and kinda look around? Anything I should be prepared for? I know the one thing they will notice is the height of our back fence, which I will already be mentioning in the application (once Guy gives me the final okay ). Anything else you can think that might make them say no?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

make sure that...
the fence has no holes and is sturdy,
the electrical outlets are covered with plastic baby thingies,
there are no wires, cords exposed,
all small items (anything she can chew) is up and off the ground,
all other animals are friendly or are secured (like a caged animal),
no food near the ground she could get to,
yard is clear of sharp objects or anything that could hurt her to eat,
she has a place to eat and to sleep.

that's all i can think of for right now. you also might want to keep the deed to the house handy so that they know you own it (because if you rent they will have to ask the owner if you can have a dog).

omg omg omg - good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep workin on Guy!!!!!

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Generally, a home check isn't a real inspection. It's just an adopter's way of making sure that you aren't lying about who you are and where you live to get a dog. Your willingness to consent to a homecheck is the major proof that they need in order to know you are fit.

As long as everything is as you have reported it to them there shouldn't be any problems. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Electirical covers eh? Hmm, though I don't think we have an outlet without anything in it But I will check! And umm, I do rent I've already given them my landloards number. It IS a no pet complex, BUT everyone here has a pet (including several large dogs), even the LL has a cat, so I do not anticipate a problem. He (the LL) really likes our pets, always playing with Dante! So I don't think he'll say anything, aslong as we pay for any damages, etc. And all my animals are definatly friendly! Sometimes too friendly!
I am hoping that we can go see her before the homecheck, just cause it's a long process to go through to find out we don't mesh in the end. If we were just applying in general to have help finding a rotti then that would not be an issue, but since we are specifically interested in just Aster, it'd be nice to get to see her first. They are more then welcome to come, it'd just save some stress on my heart!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!