Homemade doggie treats?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Homemade doggie treats??

I go to this nice specialty dog/cat store to buy Wellness. They have a doggie bakery and it smells sooo good in there, LOL! It smells like people cookies! They make everything right there, and it can be a little pricy. My question is, has anyone ever homemade any doggie treats? I would love a recipe to make my own!!!! Like peanut butter treats or something like that maybe?

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Official Thread Hogger

Look at this website I located. They even have a Doggie Quiche! It has "human" ingredients, so I guess that means we can actually eat "dog treats"?

http://www.doggieconnection.com/recipe/

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Official Thread Hogger

Another one..http://www.thepoop.com/pooppantry/default.asp

Red Son's Reward - Wheat Dog Biscuits

3/4 cup hot water, beef broth or chicken broth
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1 egg, beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In large bowl, combine water or broth with margarine. Add powdered milk, salt garlic, parsley and egg. Stir in flour in 1/2 cup increments, mixing well after each addition.
Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes.

Remove from oven and let dog biscuits cool until dry and hard. (I often leave them in the oven after turning it off.) Makes approx. 1-1/4 pound dry dog biscuits.

BONE APPETITE!

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 07:20 AM
Official Thread Hogger

Be sure and let us know how they taste!

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

WOW! Awesome Brenda! Thanks for that website and the recipe! I really want to make some of these! Whenever I finally get around to making them (after I procrastinate!) , I'll let u know how they turn out!
Thanks again, girl!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I've wanted to make my own dog biscuits too!! I've seen dog bone shaped cookie cutters in a few stores...

I'm going to get one and give it a try - Thanks for those links Brenda!!

(maybe Rocheal can taste them for us - she only charges 5 bucks!! ) (kidding!! honest!! )

[center]

[
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Official Thread Hogger

It was no problem Deja all I did was search for Dog Treats and dozens of links popped up, but I only posted the ones that got my attention.

Deja Are you really kidding about Rocheal tasting one...HMMM do I get the sense of another bet going on for her? Don't put it past her those recipes might actually be appealing to her!

*I had already dared her to taste some Chinnie food (pellets not treats).

**Gee we are "both" going to be in for it if/when Rocheal sees this!! Is there room for me?

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Proud New Mommy

You guys are so mean. I don't want anymore dog treats...

You better watch out! Im gonna rid everyone of their 5 bucks and if you multiply that by how many members paw talk has....

You can bet your bottom dollar im hungry, Brenda!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Official Thread Hogger

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Rocheal

You better watch out! Im gonna rid everyone of their 5 bucks and if you multiply that by how many members paw talk has....

You can bet your bottom dollar im hungry, Brenda!! [/B]

I didn't think about that...gee you would have money left over for yourself for Christmas! I am putting the animals first, of course.

*guess I didn't try hard enough to hide from ya?

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Proud New Mommy

I was directed here by 14K,

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Official Thread Hogger

OK, so I guess I deserved that one...but hey Deja is the one that started it!!!

I am still wondering what you are going to taste next though.

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

you guys are too funny!

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Official Thread Hogger

Sorry KG I didn't intend on changing your thread to ratting on Rocheal, but who could resist the urge????

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

guilty as charged

[center]

[
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Official Thread Hogger

I know Deja...I did kind'a make matters alittle worse too

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......

Tags
dog biscuits