How do I tell him... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Unhappy How do I tell him...

That I want a Great Dane for our 2 year anniversary??

I have been dying for the past oh, month or so... We know we want another child in our lives but I don't exactly know when that will be and I think my maternal hormones are going WAY haywire!!

As crazy as you all probably think I am, I'm sure you're all also thinking about telling me that I should reconsider because I already have my hands full with a baby and all. (Which is true but hear me out...)

I'm home all day, right? I don't work! We gotta yard now! I have the room in my heart! I don't know why I started googling Dane pictures and stories awhile ago, I really probably shouldn't have!

My MIL and FIL probably won't let us have a second dog, they kinda mentioned how until Sam (my 20 something year old kitty) passes away we can't have another pet. But, ... really... Do I ever feel like I should listen to my in-laws?

I asked Ben, which would he prefer first in our lives, a second child or our Dane (which is something we've wanted ever before we were married) and he did say he would like to have the Dane first. I kinda agree... You see, as much as I am crazy to have a big family, I don't want to keep putting our dream dog on hold. We wanted to make sure that we waited until Delta wasn't so fragile, you know how new born babies are, you feel like you move them too quickly and they'll break, ... Delta has gotten past that. When once she used to cry if Dakota suprised her with a big, wet, sloppy kiss she now jumps and squeals in delight, while trying to grab Kota's floppy lips. If we were to decide to have the family keep growing first, it could be YEARS before we ever get our Dane. If we were to get him now, well, you know that dogs mature much faster than humans... I hope you see where I am going with this.

I just want a Dane so bad... Its driving me bonkers.

*sigh* Okay, I think I'm done venting. I know Ben won't get me a Dane yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Mallory, aren't Dane's big? We put our puppyy lust on hold b/c of safety with pammy, I mean puppys jump and nip, and whent heir puppies how can you blame them for being puppies? We actually decided to wait until our youngest is at least 3 years old before we are going to get a puppy. (Which doesn't mean YOU have to, Ia m just giving you my opinion.) But I know those urges. I petfinder puppies in my area ALL the time, and try to talk myself into getting one but I just cannot do it yet!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:25 PM

Mal, if you get a Great Dane, you're going to have to let me visit! I'll even babysit for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Mal, are you living with your in-laws now or are they your landlords? Either way, if you're living with them or living in a house they own you probably should respect their wishes of not getting another pet right now. Look at it this way (if you are living in a house they own), you can eventually get a house of your own and get your dream Dane. In the mean time Delta can get bigger, and if you plan on having another baby that's more time for the new baby to get bigger and be able to handle having a puppy around.

If the above scenario doesn't happen for years, that's ok because by then you will be in the perfect situation and will be able to enjoy your kids and new dog even more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I know how you feel. Patience was never one of my virtures.

If you need to vent some more, you can always feel free to message my sleepless self.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 04:36 PM

Mal, I was at borders today and saw a book and thought about you, it was called "Raising Kids and Puppies, a Parent's Guide" (or something like that). Maybe you can get it and start reading on the subject before deciding of getting a puppy? Good luck with whatever you decide.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom. (Although I gotta say I think I'm subconsciously leaning towards Natalies most. ) Anyways, I know we won't be getting a Dane for awhile yet, and definately not as soon as April for our anniversary.

But I'll take your advice Dimaris (sorry if I spelled your name wrong, I always second guess myself when I type it out) and I'll purchase a book like that. It will at least help me wait longer and do some real good in the meantime.

Again thanks everyone for setting me straight (although I'm just as bad off as I was when I posted this...).

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 05:12 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

I have an idea - I'll loan you Penny and Chaquita for a while (I'll throw in Charlie for a few bucks more) and if you add them all up, they'll equal an 8-week old Great Dane puppy. What do you think??

I am like you - I'm very impatient. But I have to force myself to wait on getting other animals. I just have to remember that 2 dogs and a cat are more than enough. But I understand where you are coming from, Mal!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
I have an idea - I'll loan you Penny and Chaquita for a while (I'll throw in Charlie for a few bucks more) and if you add them all up, they'll equal an 8-week old Great Dane puppy. What do you think??
Maybe they'll add up to an 8week old GD if you velcro them all on top of each other! haha!