How hot is to hot... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

How hot is to hot...

Here in Montreal Canada it is 30 c / 86 f without the humidity...We have a new 3 year Doverman Picther..We adopted him July 11 and he (Hercules) has lost about 2 1/2 pounds (the other owners did walk him and caged him all day) My question is when it was cool he was walked him 3 to 4 times a day for about 30 mins - 1 hour each time...Is this save when it's this hot...I have brought water with me but he doesn't drink it...Only when he get home....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC09857.jpg (28.6 KB, 6 views)

Adopt a Rodent from a rescue places instead of buying one at a pet store!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

I think it will be safe for him, just try it out and if he is really thirsty and worn out after teh first walk then maybe try to shorten them when it is really hot outside, but I wouldn't worry about 30 degrees C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That might feel hot for him, dog's only have sweat glands on paws. Maybe you can give him some cold treats to enjoy, look for frozen kong with peanut butter filling...

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello Earthling

I may be hot for him. If its too hot for me I usually shorten the walk because in my mind its going to be too hot for my sheltie. You can buy these coats called "cool Coats" that you soak in water and it keep them cool.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Newborn Pup

Cool How Hot is to Hot

I think it is too much for the pooch. If it is so necessary then cut down the time but then also it is too hot to go for a walk.

I am Arthur, associated with dog training for the last 17 years. I have always loved training Labradors, using their instinctints to teach them tricks. I have solved behavioral problems in many Labs and tought many owners tricks of