How many of your dogs..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Cool How many of your dogs.....

when it's hot out, play in their water???? It's about 90 degree's here & both of my dogs are out on the patio (fully shaded) & they are both playing in their water dish.... I'm thinking maybe I should get them a wading pool.... Whatcha think????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 04:57 PM

Many dogs I have seen love wading pools. Mine don't even like to go out if the ground is still wet after it rains. Bathtime is oh so much fun. But if your dogs like water I would definitely get a little plastic wading pool. I would stay away from the inflatible ones they might chew it or tear it with a claw. (I know this from experience, my dogs might not like water but they sure like to chew things)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 06:42 PM

My dogs are like Dena's, they don't even like the ground to be wet (exception is when you've just mopped ) but if your dogs like playing in the water, they'd LOVE a little wading pool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 06:54 PM

My dog (sheltie) looks like a wet rat when we bath her. So pathetic and bolts out of the bathroom. She loves the drying process tho.

She loves atacking the hose. You put it on full force at her and she tries to eat(?) it. It's hilarious because her whole front is wet. I wonder what she'd do witha wading pool...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM

My dog does not mind a bath. So last summer when it was really hot I thought I'd try the wading pool. she didn't like it at all. When she got out she looked like she lost about 10 pounds! Wished I could go for a dip in the pool and look like that!lol

I'd try the pool it looks like fun!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Herp Nerd

I got my dogs a small wading pool. I just fill it up every few days, and they splash in it whenever they're outside.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Erin

both of my dogs hate water unless it's in their water bowl.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 09:39 AM

My doggies have a small wading pool too, the hard plastic kind. When it's really hot our Shepherd used to just lay in it...lol My little Yorkiepoo would go in long enough to just get her feet wet and cool off then she'd run out.

If your dog likes water then you definately should get one. They'll love it!!:cool:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 11:00 AM

Well poor Scooby (lab/chow mix) is petrified of the water, bathing him alone is a challenge... And we've noticed on the warmer to hotter days, that Tabitha (sheltie/husky mix) will come back in side and dip all 4 paws in her water bowl, she doesn't like hot feet, but she also tends to do this when they are dirty from being outside... She is such a goody tue shoes, lol
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 11:30 AM

Ok Kim, you know I gotta ask.....How does Zoey feel about water??
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 12:01 PM

LOL Jodi, she takes a bath just fine, but as for water out of the hose, or the lake, I couldn't tell ya, we've had her here during the cold months, so never have had that opportunity to find out
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 05:44 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

My dogs are so mentally challenged, I swear. I take them to a park with a pond, and can't keep Dutchy out of the water - and can't get Blackie in it. BUT, come bath time, I tell Blackie to get in the tub, and he runs to the bathroom and jumps right in. Dutchy ? You'd think I was taking him to the torture chamber. So, I got a wading pool one summer, thinking one or the other would use it somehow ... yeah - right ! Avoided it like the plague. I still don't understand it ...

Sharon
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 08:23 PM

LOL Sharon, don't feel bad...ALL my kids need therapy!!!!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 07:58 AM

Dogs are so odd! Mine loves the lake and can't not run in there but the bath is a humiliating experience for him.

One time we were in our row boat on our lake and he jumped out about 30 feet from shore! He is only 18 inches tall and I thought he was going to drown! I had to decide if I was going to possibly tip the boat over with my 3 children inside or let him drown! I chose to save him but my oldest son isn't oblivious to the choice I was making Stupid dog! Ah I do love him!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2003, 11:23 AM

My dog has a wading pool as well and loves it. He will also play in the sprinkler when it's on.

Tags
chow mix, husky mix, water bowl