How Often Should I Wash My Dog? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

How Often Should I Wash My Dog?

Hi,
Well this question speaks for itself...
But incase you are wondering, she likes to go rummaging around on the woods and stuff....
Also do you have any dog-washing tips?
Thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i rinse mine in water when he gets dirty and give a bath once a month or so. Just make sure you get a dog shampoo and rinse rinse rinse

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Playful Pup

I seldom if ever bathe a dog. Not even Aster that did get many runs in the woods. If you let a dog roll in whatever it wants, yes, you would need to bathe it frequently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
i rinse mine in water when he gets dirty and give a bath once a month or so. Just make sure you get a dog shampoo and rinse rinse rinse
Im the same way, usually just water and then the usual bath once a month.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

I bathe my dog usually about once every two weeks or so, sometimes more often if he gets really dirty. I've been bathing my dog that often since he was a puppy and never had any problems doing so.

If you're going to bathe often, I recommend finding a high quality dog shampoo/conditioner. They make detergent free doggy shampoos now that smell great and get your dog nice and clean, but don't strip all the natural oils off the fur.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Friend to All Animals

i bathe my Manchester Chihuahua once-twice a month

~ Proud mommy of rabbits, rodents, and a dog ~
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Newborn Pup

I give him a bath once to twice a month.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Newborn Pup

My GSD needs baths regularly, at least once a month. My Basenji mix though, he only needs a bath once every... I forget now. He doesn't small, and he's very clean. In fact no matter what soap I use, bathing seems to make him itchy for a while.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Newborn Pup

Bad groomers

I also wash my dog twice per week...that is a recommendation I got from my groomer. Not all groomers (pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/animal-services.html) are good the same, but I really do trust mine
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 AM
LPC
Newborn Pup

Puce used to love getting dirty outside, but I didn't use shampoo unless her fur was really filthy and smelly. I would shower her with only warmish water whenever she got dirty - sometimes once a week. Shampoo should be avoided for frequent use.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Adolescent Pup

I wash myn about twice a month, as he has very short fur and doesn't really go anywhere thats needs him to have a bath that much. He's not a "roll in the mud" kind of dog.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Newborn Pup

yup...just water and wash once a month. Its real fun when you watch them find something dead to roll around in after washing them...gezzz
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Check out this infographic:

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Newborn Pup

I read an article by a Vet who said puppies shouldn't be bathed less than 6 weeks from the last bath.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 01:38 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Every week with special shampoo due to my oldest dog being allergic to grass and my husband being allergic to dogs.

If your dog goes through the forest and isn't physically dirty with visible dirt, I wouldn't go more than once a month.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna