I am not a dog beater!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am not a dog beater!!!!!!

I went to Petco today of all places. And Sydney was not paying any heed to what I wanted him to do. I couldn't even get him in the darn store and he was being a butthead. So what do I do? I tap him on the rear to get his darn attention. It got his and someone elses.
Some lady came up to me and asked why did you hit your dog? I told her, without thin k ing of sayin I tapped the dog, because he is being a pest and not listening. She said you should never hit a dog. I responded it's none of your business. She said it is everyone's business when someone beats a dog. I was stunned. I have never been called a dog beater in my life. If anything, I let the dogs control me.
I should have told her to go ahead and call animal control if she thought I beat my dog. They wouldn't have taken him. There's no mark, no fear in my do g of me whatsoever, he's already sleeping lol. But I am glad that I didn't because I didn't need that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Oh gosh.. don't you just LOVE people like that??

Reminds me of a few months ago...My friend had rescued a dog from the pound that was severely underweight, and he was actually looking "fat" at this time compared to when she got him, anyways, we had him at the dog park so he could play and have fun and a guy comes up to us and says with the dirtiest look on his face "when's the last time you fed your dog? I'm calling animal control" And he actually called them! But when we explained the situation, and they called the pound to verify, it was that nosy guy who looked like a fool.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh geez! Why in the world can't morons mind their own freakin' business!! I can see if you had the dog down pounding on him or kicking him, gee whiz!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Rodentologist

You know, I'm glad she said something to you. I'm glad your dog was ok, but how many times do we see on this board when people complain that nobody said anything and nothing was done?

I'd much rather be "nosy" or "a fool" and be wrong than to go "well, I'm sure there's an explanation, durr" and have a truly neglected animal not get any help.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 AM
RAT ADDICT

I have had extremely thin foster dogs that came to me that way and people have made comments to me.But once you explain the situation,people usually understand a little better.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I kinda feel like Jennicat.
As long as people ask, it's okay.

But some people are just plain stupid.
This one time, my mom left the dog in the car for 5-10 minutes. It was hot outside, but she left a window open (the dog couldn't get out), and the the car was in the shade.

Then this man (and she knows this guy), ran around the car, talking about it was mistreated, when she came back out.
All the alarms was on, because the dog got all weirded out by the guy, and tried to follow him round, so she had triggered them.
My mom tried calming the man down, and the mans son tried to get him to leave.
It ended with him saying he would report her, and she just answering something like "Well you just do that".

It never came to anything, and the only suffering the dog did, was when it tried to figure out what the heck that man was doing

So don't be sad or mad. If you know you treat your animals right, well then that is the way it is
If she was so afraid for the dog, she should have called someone at the spot.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
You know, I'm glad she said something to you. I'm glad your dog was ok, but how many times do we see on this board when people complain that nobody said anything and nothing was done?

I'd much rather be "nosy" or "a fool" and be wrong than to go "well, I'm sure there's an explanation, durr" and have a truly neglected animal not get any help.
I am the same way, But this lady was rude. She didn't even accept the explaination. I would never hurt the dog. he's not only my service dog, but he's my best friend. I tap people on the shoulder if they are just not hearing me or something and that's just what I did to him. I did not hurt my dog. I know your not saying that I did don't get me wrong.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's over-judging and overreacting, usually people can see how afraid or with some real mark if a dog was being abused, they don't to judge you immediately..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!

Tags
dog beating.