I am so angry... my poor puppy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

I am so angry... my poor puppy

Some freakin idiot kids thought it would be FUNNY to let Lacy out of the backyard while I was upstairs cleaning her kennel out (she got sick this morning) and she almost got hit by a **** car. I'm so pissed off. I called the office and they said the only thing they could do was allow me to write a letter for the next newsletter about respecting other people's property and animals. I don't know who did it. All I know is that there were 5 kids at the end of the street laughing while I was trying to get her back inside but I didn't have my glasses on so I don't know what they look like. Otherwise I would be knocking door to door to find the little brats.

I'm so pissed off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:14 AM

that's horrible! I just don't get why some people do things like this.. thank goodness Lacy is ok!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 AM

aagghhh. I'm glad your furbaby is okay. Sorry you had such a traumatic morning. Is your neighborhood small? Did you kinda see the size/gender/age of the kids? If so, you may be able to figure out who it was & contact the parents, who will most likely say "not my kid". No offense to those with human children, but it seems to me that nowadays, parents are less apt to take responsibility for their childrens actions & discipline them when necessary. You also may want to speak with your immediate neighbors, maybe they were looking out the window and saw who it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunatly without my glasses I"m pretty much blind unless it's less than 5 feet away from me. Our neighborhood is small but we have over 700 units in the complex and unfortunatly I'm the only one of my building that's home in the mornings typically. My car was the only one in the ally today and the only cars on the street belong to the people in the building across the way that can't view my backyard.

Technically I'm not supposed to put a lock on my gate latch but I no longer care and I'm buying one at Lowes this afternoon.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:32 PM

if anyone gives you heat about the lock, just explain why you had to put it on there in the first place - surely they'd understand it was for your dog's safety.

i lived in an apartment for a year and the kids there drove me crazy... and their parents made me even more upset... they would laugh when their kids made someone mad... the landlord wouldn't do anything about them, the cop that lived in a townhouse in the complex wouldn't do anything about them... these kids would ride their bikes and skateboards in the main road at 5:00 when everyone is getting home from work, they wouldn't even move for the cars... if the car honked they would give them the finger (and these kids were 10 at the oldest!!)...

i got the pleasure (i hate that i actually did like seeing it) to see two of the kids get hit by a car, both got out with a broken arm a piece... they were playing in between cars and darted right in front of a big truck that didn't have time to stop... what was even funnier was watching the parents scream and yell at the guy for hitting them... some real authorities got to the seen and i put my 2 cents in (since i saw the accident from my balcony)... i told the cops that these kids were always playing out there like that and they were lucky to have never been hit before, i also threw in that i never once saw the parents watching them... that shut the parents up real fast...

if you don't want to raise kids - don't have them... some people are better off not breeding

luckily the kids in the subdivision i live in now are well-behaved and polite
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM

I can't believe they would do that! That's horrible! I'm so glad she's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
ithese kids would ride their bikes and skateboards in the main road at 5:00 when everyone is getting home from work, they wouldn't even move for the cars... if the car honked they would give them the finger
A lot of the other people my age in my neighborhood do this too, luckily not in the main road though. Now we just avoid the street they're usually on, but I feel sorry for the poeple who can't avoid driving that way. Sometimes I want to run them over myself!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:32 PM

just run them over and say "Oops" , you're young enough that it wouldn't stay on your record...

don't listen to me, i'm a bad influence... :hpydance:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

not supposed to put a lock on your gate? I'd do it. Its your property isn't it? I'd explain why its there, like suggested before, if anyone gets fussy about it. Or if you catch the kids, charge them with trespassing if possible. I'd also put pressure on the parents if you find out who they are.

I wonder if you can charge them with animal abuse if the dog is injured because they let him out... hmm...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:54 PM

the trespassing charge works better if you get a "No Trespassing" sign and put one out front and out back so they can't say they didn't see it - then they don't have any excuse to give authorities for coming into your yard

these kids are probably underage, right? you could definitely sue the parents for their children's actions, as long as you have proof - whether they like it or not, they're responsible for all the stupid stuff their kids do
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:54 PM

When I was a kid, not only would I never want an animal to get hurt, I would have been PETRIFIED of the wrath of parents if I was playing in the middle of the street at all let alone flipping people off. If I was more than 1 yard away from my house without telling my mom...oh boy. Maybe that's a little overprotective, but at least I was a respectful kid.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have kids...and that is one of the reasons. I can't imagine having to send my child to school with kids getting worse and worse; it's scary.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am so sorry! I would be pissed too.The people above me gave some good advie and points.I hope you can figure somwthing out soon and not have this problem happen again!

Kids are brats these days.Not all, but many...their parents are not giving them proper disclipline and letting them do whatever they want! When my daughter is of skool age, I am thinking about having her home skooled, I don't wanna risk her going to the public skools these days!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:28 AM

My mom is a 5th grade teacher - I get to hear all the stories about which kids need to go to alternative school, as well as which ones are singled out (usually because they don't go with the crowd and are good kids). I could never have her job... dealing with some adults here in my building is bad enough! Thus why I have the Little Debbies!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:36 AM

thank goodness lacy is ok. I'd go with the lock too.its worth the risk
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 09:26 AM

Some people really amaze me.

I'm glad that Lacy is okay!

Tags
animal abuse