I am on a waiting list! I am on a waiting list! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

I need one of those!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 05:43 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

recommendations

hey! good luck with your new pup in the spring! hopefully he/she won't digest the wall or carpet like my puppies did (and...sigh...still do). get looooots of chew stuff. Kongs are great, my dogs love them and they don't have a scratch in them after 9 months. you can also stuff them will stuff when the dog is older. since you are getting a medium sized breed, i'd buy long-term stuff (ie: expensive and stuff like kongs) in the size needed for the dog when its an adult. you can always divide the crate and its ALWAYS better to have a toy that's too big than too small cause they could choke on toys that are too little. and i agree about the leash... my yorkie started on a nylon one and we worked on coming before she graduated to the retractable. they really do dart out quickly to strangers on those things!! sorry to ramble too, but i like to share info. i am sad. and remember...you are getting a BABY so don't get mad when he eats your coffee table (just kidding). -Jane
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 03:50 PM

Well puppets worked for ME anyways.

We noticed Mickey liked chewing on soft things made of material and we didn't want him to start chewing on the couch or our shoes, so we got him a puppet. I'm sure you saw pictures of it at Mickey's site. I don't know if it would work for everybody though but Mickey has never chewed on any of the furniture or shoes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Hmm sounds like a good idea, but do you make the puppet talk to him? i eman what keeps him from shredding the puppet to peices?

Jane, Ray and I have already talked about reactions to messes! Ray better keep his steeler room shut and I think we will be fine!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 06:36 PM

lol

Actually Mickey has torn his puppets to shreds. That's the bad part about puppets. My mom has re-sewn his puppet...

about a million times. Sometimes I'll be going around picking up puppet fluff. lol. That's why I say its up to you. You may not want to deal with the mess. of course some dogs never tear it apart. Others will make sure they never get to see it again.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 04:12 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i understand about the devouring of 'puppets' or stuffed animals. my dogs (yorkie & chihuahua/skipperke) think they are chew toys. they just sit and chew through the outer material and then pull out aaaaaaaall the fuzz eeeeeverywhere. =) oh well. better than it being my stuff like when my chi/sk. eats the carpet. its always funny till the house gets hurt.
try to send pics of the perspective parents! i wish i could get another dog, but my hands are already full. maybe when i get a house.
btw to everyone - post more pics! i love pics. i'll try and get more out there.
-jane
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 08:07 AM

How exciting for you. A new puppy!

I hope the time goes by fast for you! Just keep gathering information and toys to keep your self busy.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Adolescent Pup

Congrats on getting a sheltie! I have two and just love them to pieces. In fact my female is due here in the next week or so... Eeeek! LOL.
~Jenn

~ MY ZOO ~
2 shelties - Blaze & Pandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 orange tabby - Max
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 guinea pigs - Peaches and Calli
1 chipmunk - Theodore (Teddy)

RIP Pixie

Xander

Jax
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

any updates?????
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Well besides the fact that I spend my not busy nights at sheltie sites, looking at shelties, or things I want to buy our sheltie, no real news yet. Every time I waitress I put a very small amount of money in an envelope, but it is going half towards the sheltie and half towards a bridesmaid's dress I ahve to buy in December. After Christmas I think we will start getting supplies and everything. I ahve been looking in my pennysaver for a used crate though, never hurts to find a deal!

I really want to spoil the cats and hamster for Christmas (since I know they are all going to be po'ed come spring)

Plus Deja has been helping me out, and she is writing an article on puppy things to help me out! Thanks everyone for all of your help and support.

Tags
chew toy, chew toys, reputable breeder, stuffed animal, stuffed animals