I am on a waiting list! I am on a waiting list! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Post I am on a waiting list! I am on a waiting list!

Last week I called a breeder after so many signs pointed to her. I can't think of what her kennel is called, but her name is Rusty. She was SO nice and helpful!

I told her we didn't want, well couldn't have, a dog until spring when we fence in the yard, and she said that was fine. I also told her that we wanted a sheltie that doesn't look exactly like a minature Lassie, and she said it is perfect because she only breeds usually once a year, and her tri-color is due to come ito heat this fall. She talked about all of the things you guys said I should know about (good thing because I was almost too excited to remember what to ask). She checks for a bunch of things i cannot pronounce. She even said that if she doesn't have a puppy that fits what we want she works with other Sheltie breeders in Pittsburgh and will help us find exactly what we want!

I have seen shelties in the paper for cheaper but from all of the research it seems like if they are a reputable breeder then they don't need to advertise and that sometimes the way they are breeding isn't best for the line of dogs, or the dogs themselves. So we are going to start saving up the money. Ray is so pumped, if we had a fence i think he'd go get one today. We keep going to primabella's site and looking at all of her pictures, training tips, etc. So we took our first big step!

Sorry to ramble on but I am kind of excited!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 09:12 AM
I Heart My Job

cool. souds like you found a good person to work with. good luck.

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 09:12 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

How exciting Capn!!!! :blob5:

I'm so happy for y'all! Are ya gonna get a male or female?

Congrats!!!

~ Jodi ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congrats, Capn!! I'm excited for you!

Stephanie

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Yay!! :blob1: :blob2:

Great job on finding a good breeder and asking lots of questions!

Rhonda

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Congrats! I can't wait to see those puppy pictures

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 03:22 PM
I Just Need One!

Oh I'm SOO excited for you!! We said we wanted one for spring too but by Christmas Mickey was already here. heehee. I'm happy you guys check back at my site. Remember if you want any additional info on Shelties, you can always PM me. I would be more than happy to help.

Oooo keep us updated!!

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yay!!! That's so exciting!! I bet you are jumping out of you skin. Spring will be here before you know it! (umm ok, I'm tryin' here )

I'm so happy for you guys!! :blob3:

[center]

[
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

How exciting, I'm happy for you Capn'

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I am so excited, and I am the queen of countdowns. I started counting down my 21st birthday at like 800 days.

I want to look in the pennysaver for crates, I also want to get some "good toys" like Kongs? I think that is what you guys talk about...a bed, a little toy box..a collar...oooh a retractable leash.I am out of control! I also plan on REALLY spoiling the cats at Christmas because I fear they won't be too happy at first with our new addition. baby Girl may never love us ever again!

I am sure I am going to come up with a million of dumb questions before then and harass the heck out of all of you until you want to strangle me!

Oh and is a 36 Inch crate what i want?

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Wanted: New Title

Capn', how exciting! I can't wait till we are in a house and can get furbabies. I'll countdown with you.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 02:49 PM
I Just Need One!

Capn,

When we went "Mickey shopping" we were totally lost too! We asked a clerk and he helped us pick some stuff out. We asked for a collar and the only right sized ones for a Sheltie puppy were these tiny kitty collars that came with a bell. We also got a retractable leash but I would recommend to get a nylon one. The retractable isn't very good when you are going for those first few walks.(Mickey was *terrified* to go for a walk. Just sat his butt down and didn't move! ) You really don't have any control. I only take the retractable when I take Mick to the park so I can give him a bit more room when he runs. So I would suggest getting a nylon one and maybe getting a retractable later, it's up to you. Of course, your pup may just be great on the retractable!

We also bought a little squarish ball, a Kong and a few other small toys and bones. My parents didn't think we should have gotten too many toys. When we went to the breeder she gave us a little bag of balls, treats, ropes and chew toys! It was great. I think getting some puppets would be great too, to avoid chewing.

Mickey used to have a 24" cage but he got bigger and, it's not that he didn't fit, but we decided to give him more room. We got him a 36" now. The breeder suggested to us a 24" but you could always get the 36" that comes with a divider.

Am I rambling? Sorry...lol

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Princess in Waiting

How exciting!! Nothing is more fun than a new baby!!

And you can never have too many toys. When we take Sasha's toys to the living room she'll pick them up one by one and take them back to the bedroom!

Countin' with ya -

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Primabella, why puppets? What do they do or are they for?

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm curious about the puppets too! ???

I agree Critter - you can never have too many toys!
My boys have a bedtime routine- I keep their kennels in my bedroom... I gather up my stuff - laptop, a drink, my meds, cigs (I know, I know it's evil and disgusting but now ya know - I smoke ) As I'm doing this they know what's coming - I say "OK boys! Time for bed, get your bone!" and they each go to the toy basket or look around on the floor and choose something to bring up with them... we all parade up the stairs carrying our stuff It's really funny - the silly routines they get used to! Lately Jack has been attached to this stuffed duck that when squeezed makes a rude ummm farting sound. He honks it all the way up the stairs

Capn' I somehow guessed that you were a count-downer!! I am too! I actually downloaded a countdown clock for my desktop screen - and it will count down the days to whatever you are waiting for! I use it for all kinds of silly stuff- "237 days 4 hours and 32 seconds until XXX!!!" XXX = whatever you type in.
OK, I really need therapy

[center]

[

Tags
chew toy, chew toys, reputable breeder, stuffed animal, stuffed animals