I dont know how urgent this is... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

I dont know how urgent this is...

I just noticed today that Natalya has kinda a lump, about 3/4 of an inch long on the left side of her nose... it wasnt there yesterday.. or if it was, i didnt notice.... honestly as of right now, i have no money (although i will on friday) .. any idea as to what it could be? its not hard, kinda soft and mushy.. doesnt seem to hurt her when i touch it.... and like i said, hopefully i can take her to the vet but not before friday....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 05:49 PM
I Dream of Godzilla

is it near her eyes?

A proud "DAD" to:

A very sweet/loving and affectionate female iguana named LIZ

4 unnamed 12 yrs old turtles...

A Sweet Bassett hound - Labrador mix puppy named Ringo

Lizard owners are SWEET LOVERS...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

no... shes a husky and its closer to the tip... where the blackness ends, is where it begins...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

I'm hopin my parents are right that its just a bug bite or something.. (she often puts her nose in places it shouldnt be)... im gonna see how it progresses the next day or two.. if it gets bigger or tender or any other kind of change.. i can take her to the vet.. i have the money for a visit (well, i can probably get it from my mother its only between 32 and 40) but who knows what they are gonna wanna do... ya know, stick a needle in there or something...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

It sounds like a bite to me. Can you get a picture??

Husky's are notorious for getting their noses into places they shouldn't be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

You cant see extremely well (i wish he wouldve taken a picture from the front) but you should get the point

you see its kinda raised
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 PM

yeah that looks like a bite to me. Of course i'm not up close and personal so that would require a vet if it hasn't gone down.

I'd just watch to make sure she still eats normal and doesn't exhibit any signs of ill health until you can get her into the vet.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I don't know that I would go sticking a needle in it... Maybe try a warm compress three times a day or so. Though I agree, if it doesn't go down in the next day or two, take your baby to the vet.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchris_28
I don't know that I would go sticking a needle in it...
oh no, didnt mean i was going to stick a needle.. i was just readin on a website that that is some way the vets see what it is.... so far, so good... hasnt gotten any bigger, shes still her normal self.. i told her it better not get any bigger or i was cuttin her nose off .. she didnt believe me tho.. she was too busy beggin me for my dinner
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Could it be a Tick? My dog would get those around this time of the year.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

im doubting the tick.... never seen those around here
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there... THEY'RE EVERYWHERE...AAAHHHH! (sorry couldn't resist the urge)

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

YAY, my puppy is getting her pretty face back... im happy to say that it seems to be getting smaller.. when i woke up, it looked like it had gotten bigger... but now you have to KNOW its there to see it... i had to grab her face to look, where before you could see it no problem
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Im glad to see shes doing better.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 07:42 PM

That's great. I'm glad she's getting better.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted