I dropped Angus off at the Vet today.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I dropped Angus off at the Vet today....

around 7:30am to be neutered and microchipped. Boy, do I miss him already. When I walked in the door, Bowser started wimpering, and is now walking around the house like he lost his best friend. They've never been apart from each other. He keeps walking to his crate and looking for him, because he knows that's where Angus loves to sleep during the day. I keep reassuring him that he will be back later on today. The cats on the other hand could care less. They are probably saying....."Hey the BIG guy is missing :blob3: " I have some special things planned for the animals today (playing with toys, playing outside, lounging on the deck with the cats (they love that), taking Bowser for extra long walks today, (besides letting him outside in the backyard), just to get their mind off the Angus....especially Bowser....The cats will love it either way And besides, it will take my mind off of Angus not being here too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ugh...I know how you feel. I'm a mess when any of the pets have to stay at the vet. Our dogs, like yours, notice it most when one or the other is missing. They start moping around and making me feel even worse lol.

Enjoy the play time .... your other baby will be home soon

- Deb

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Awww, thanks so much Deb. Playtime is going really well. I just received a call from the vet. The nurse said that Angus' surgery went very well. He is in recovery and still sleeping. He will be sleeping most of the day they told me because he probably won't want to do much of anything (which is what Bowser was like, if I remember correctly almost 2 yrs ago when he was neutered). It made me feel better when they called. They said his blood work came back all normal, as they did pre-admission testing before they do any surgery where anesthesia is involved. Do you know what though? When I took him in to have him weighed on Friday to pick up the pain medication (Deramaxx), they like you to give him one (1) the night before his surgery to prepare him for pain and then one (1) every 24 hours after his surgery, he weighed 133.6 lbs. I couldn't believe it. He just turned 9 mos on August 28th. Photo below:

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow! And I thought my puny little Samson, who is just turning 6 months old weighed a lot at 61.9 lbs ... now he sounds like a miniture toy poodle compared to Angus

Good to hear all is going well. He's going to DROOL A LOT when he gets home too. Be prepared lol. Sometimes I think we need to attach buckets to the collars of drugged drooling dogs

- Deb

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Mary, I am so happy to hear Angus' surgery went smoothly. He is just so handsome Mary! I can't stop admiring that big hunk of love. Please give him another hug for me.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm glad to hear that everything went well!

Rhonda

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Awww, Denise thanks so much. I couldn't wait until he got home. When Paul went to pick him up at the vet Angus was so glad to see him. My heart was actually pounding when I knew it was time for him to be home, because I missed him so much. I was upstairs in the bedroom when I heard them come in the door and Paul said, "someone is looking for you". I came downstairs and just looked at him with the biggest grin. He had the happiest look on his face to be home, with his tail wagging, yet I knew he was in pain. I gave him the biggest hug I could give him. I am so glad he won't have to be away from me for a long period like that again.....I surely don't like that Angus will get up periodically to walk around, so I gave him an extra hug just for you

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thank you so much Scarlette. Angus is doing great since he has been home. He was allowed to have 1/2 of his regular food and 1/2 of his regular water intake...but that was it, then back to his regular diet tomorrow. He is basically in and out of sleepiness and pretty much out of it. I gave him another pain pill, as the doctor gave me "Deramaxx" to be administered starting with the night before surgery. He was also microchipped.

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Give him a hug from me too I'm glad to hear everything went good.

He sure is cute
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Laurie, thank you so much. I've been giving him extra hugs all night long since he came home, so I'll give him a little extra one for you too

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM

I am glad to hear that everything went ok and that Angus is back home with you tonight.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Miss New Booty

Aww Mary I am so glad Angus' surgery went well and he is home with you! Give him a hug for me!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Mary, I know exactly how you feel.

When I took Doodles (our cat) in for surgery, they just took her away and never let me say goodbye to her. I was in tears as I was walking out of the vet clinic.

When I took Sneakers and Snowball (chins) in for their dental, I was in tears the entire time. I couldn't stop crying and everyone was trying to comfort me. It's the worst when they're at the vet, you can't be there with them and you don't know what's going on.

But, I'm very happy to hear Angus is doing well. He's quite the handsome dog!

Karen

[

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thank you so much Marie, Jackie and Karen I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was worried about Angus and his incision. With every sound he made during the night, I was up. Paul was the same way he said....but I guess it was at different times, because when I looked over at him each time I was up, he was sound asleep Angus was good though, otherwise, he slept well and by the morning time he was ready to eat his normal meal and drink lots of water. I was surprised he wanted to play, play, play by morning time. I think I'm going to have problems trying to keep a 133lb, Mastiff from wanting to play with his brother, Bowser. That was one of the restrictions. Limit his playing, jumping, running and we have to specifically walk him "only" to go potty for 14 days, he can't be let loose out in the backyard to run to go potty whenever he wants. I can handle that j/j

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Mary I'm so glad the surgery went well, what a doll baby you have Give him a BIG hug and kiss from me papapapleeeease

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
vet clinic, vet tech