I fought the good fight, but lost - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I fought the good fight, but lost

First I should say nothing bad happened to any of my dogs.

Now here's the story.

Dave decided he wanted a Newfoundland recently. I shruged it off as a passing fancy. HUH!! He kept doing more and more research until he had his heart set on one. I told him no way of course, we need another dog about like we need a hole in our head.

We bickered back and forth for a few days. Nothing short of divorce was gonna change his mind. He wanted one. I thought I had him convinced to wait. Until he told me he had sent this woman a non refundable deposit that is.

Omg I was livid. He sent her a deposit and then told me about it. Saying it was too good of an opportunity to pass up as his excuse. Needless to say that caused a bit of a fight. LOL Nothing we didn't work out though.

I contacted the woman and tried to get her to give the deposit back, knowing it was not likely to happen. (being in the position that I am with chins... I can put myself in her shoes) She did give him a good deal, but I still am not pleased with the choice he made.

At any rate, I have resigned myself to the fact that we will have a new member to our family. He will be here today. He still doesn't have a name of course, but that'll be resolved this afternoon.

And for those of you who have listened to me rant about this already....... thanks for your moral support. More pictures coming soon. There is a picture of this puppy in the breed profile section though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh man, what a situation that must be! Well, I am glad you two were able to work through it. I know you must have been dissapointed at least that he did that and then told you. I hope that your new addition is a great pup whom you can love and hopefully everything will work out with adding him to the group! Pics please, lol, I saw the pic in the profile and boy, what a cutie! Newfies are sweet dogs and at least he picked a good one and he did research, still though, but you are a sweet lady and I wish you the best with all that will come soon. Keep us posted on it.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

thanks brandy. All will be well I am sure. My crew are not bothered by much. I was mad for a while, but have pretty much gotten over it. My sister suggested I divorce him over it. UMMMMMM no, i don't think so.

I'll get pics as soon as we get home.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yeah, divorce over that, I wouldn't think it would be that bad. Disappointing and all that but not too bad that things couldn't work out in the end. I am glad it worked out, pics will be great, can't wait!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Herp Nerd

Just remember who -really- wanted it at 4am when the puppy needs to go potty.

Rav

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh Chrisanne! Wow - Newfies are huge dogs - big puppies too, as I am sure you are well aware.
Awww , they are so sweet and such beautiful pups. I had a friend with a Newfie and the image that stays in my mind is Tiny (the dog's name) sitting next to one of the kids - he dwarfed the child, but what I remember most is the sweet expression on his huge face and this big pink tongue sticking out What a gorgeous, lovable dog he was.

Good luck with your new addition! And of course you know we are all here to support you!

[center]

[
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I also have known a Newfie, and he was such a love. He would just sit in the front yard while his momma was planting flowers or doing yardwork. He flinched at nothing, and he just laid there relaxing all the time, he was so special to them, and eventually her next door neighbor loved him so much too, that the two neighbors got rid of their fence in the seperating their two backyards, and he basically became both families dog. It was such a site to see. He was a great dog.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I just saw the pups pic. He looks like a major sweetie!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww congrats Chrisanne! I can imagine how upset you were, him sending the deposit and THEN telling you! But I saw the pictures and they look so cute! I can't wait to see pics of your guy!!!
LOL Ravnos!
We are all here for you, girl! Any name idea's yet?

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh Chrissane that kinda sucks but I'm sure this dog would be a great new addition for you and your family!!!! Make it your husbands dog so that he cleans up after it etc! That should help the stress levels!lol

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnos
Just remember who -really- wanted it at 4am when the puppy needs to go potty.

Rav

Rhonda