I have the best dog in the whole world. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

I have the best dog in the whole world.

Dog Freezes to Death in Toledo, OH

All of you know I just posted this just today. (Well last night, midnight... But that's beyond the point.) Lets just say I have the smartest dog in the world and unfortunately she's doesn't exactly have the smartest owner.

This morning, it was around 8am and I made Delta her bottle, let Dakota out into the garage, opening the garage door enough for her to get outside and do her business. Since she likes to take awhile and Delta was hungry, I sat down to start feeding Delta. Well, anyways, I get on the computer while she eats and then once she's all done she konks out again, which was fine with me because I was still dead beat tired. So I crawl back into bed with Ben...

A few hours goes by, its like 9:30 I begin to wake up at the same time Delta does... Again she's hungry so I pick her up and walk into the kitchen to make another bottle. At this time, I'm wondering, "Why isn't Dakota running circles around my feet???" and then it hits me.

I NEVER LET HER BACK INSIDE THIS MORNING!!

So I throw the bottle into the sink, rush to the door, prepared to run outside barefoot, holding Delta wearing only pj's, and seach for my lost dog in 30 degree weather that actually feels like 10 degrees, a foot or snow on the ground and more coming down.

All the possibilities are racing through my head: She ran away, she got lost, someone took her, she froze to death, she got hit by a truck...

I swing open the backdoor...

...and there she stands. She gives me this look like, "Where the h*ll have YOU been??"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 03:38 PM

aw poor cold Dakota, I'm glad she's fine. I can sympathize with you because all that lack of sleep after a baby reallly turns your brain to mush.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww Mal LOL Well at least she is okay Things happy when attending to a baby!

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Mal..I'm glad Dakota was okay! I'm laughing cause she was ok, I bet you won't forget to let her in again!
If it makes you feel any better I put Biscuit out for her dinner last night, and din't tie her up. I forgot about her (but only for like 20 minutes!) and she hadn't found a way to escape (thankfully). So you're not alone...but it's not freezing cold here either!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm glad Dakota was ok. I've done stuff like that before too.

The other day I had crated the rabbits so I could clean in peace and somehow I forgot to let them back out and I was doing a bunch of errands and came home to two unhappy bunnies. I felt so bad.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awww poor dakota. I'm glad she was ok and waiting for you.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

Don't worry yourself, Mal! I've done stuff like that. Once, I took the dogs outside on leashes (was living at apts) and took them off their leashes right before going in. Well, I get in and about 5 minutes later I'm like, "Where's Penny?" to Jim. I had freaking left her outside! I thought she ran inside but she hadn't made it and she is so small that I didn't notice! She was just waiting outside right by the door for me.

That's great that Dakota waited for you! She's very smart!!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I am glad Dakota was okay, and we all have our slip up moments.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

OOPS! Thankfully, Dakota was waiting patiently for her mummy to let her back inside. I am surprised she didn't bark.