I Have To Brag a Little - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

I Have To Brag a Little

I just came back from the dog beach with biscuit. I've never let her off the lead before cause she always growled at the other dogs and I was wary that she may bite if they growled back...not knowing her history I was being cautious. Well last Monday night I spoke to her trainer about her cause she is fine off lead at the dog pool (but it's a small area so it's easy for me to follow her...the beach is not enclosed!) and she told me to just let her off the lead. She said to suss out the other dogs first and then just let her off....she said she'd probably be fine and that it wasn't fair to take her to an off lead area and keep her on lead. So I went to the beach today, all the dogs were playing, I crossed my fingers and let her off lead.
She was great!!! she ran and ran and ran with all the other dogs....tried to go home with someone else (I had to run from one end of the beach to the other to get her) and just let off warning barks to the German Shepard that tried to 'de-flower' her (I'm a friends fan...if you are too you'll know where I got that from ) She played with everything.....she had a blast and I had such a good time cause I wasn't worried about her at all!!! I had to share cause I'm just sooooo proud of her and I can't wait to take her there again!!!!
The best part of all though...my girl who hated the water just a few weeks ago got in and went for a swim all on her own! I couldn't believe it!!! she was in the water so many times but she actually swam out a bit!!!
Ok I'm done bragging now but I just had to do it (and besides she was getting jealous of me telling Alex how cute and clever Gumbo was from Jade's bragging sessions!!! )

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:13 AM
Part of the Pack

Oh, wow! That's awesome! I can see that she's really made a lot of progress! I'm proud of her also, and know that it took a lot out of you to get her to this point! You go girl!!!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 07:52 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow how exciting that had to have been. It's so neat that she was able to let loose and enjoy life!! Sounds like some awesome progress was made! What a joy to be able to watch them have a fantastic footloose and and fancy free day. Very nice to hear.

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thats awesome Carmen!! If only Harlie could be like that!!! Its gonna take time for her though...her problem isnt with other dogs...its with people!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:56 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

~ Jodi ~

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

That's awsome Carmen! You should have brought you camera and taken pictures!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It sounds like you both had an awesome time!

Stephanie

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Miss New Booty

That's awesome, Carmen!!!! Oh yes, you should've taken pics, girl!! :hpydance: It sounds like you and Biscuit had such a blast!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

for Biscuit!

Carmen, that's awesome that Biscuit can be let off her leash now! She's going to have so much fun, and you won't have to worry anymore! Congrats!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

Way to go Biscuit! You should say, "See? All you had to do was act nice and you could have had this freedom the whole time." LOL.

Miyabita Designs
Affordable, custom, hand-coded websites, plus graphics

Usagi no Tsukiyo
A well of rabbit information

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

for biscuit!! i'm so proud of her! i wish we had places like that here in the usa.

that's awesome that you get to take her there all the time now! yah!

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks guys!!! and I am going to get pictures of her!! I just want someone else to come with me when I take the camera cause I nearly had my bad stolen once before at the beach (different beach but very close...just over the breakwall) and I'm a bit scared of the camera getting stolen....I can't watch my dog and my bag at the same time!! but I will get pictures one day and pt will be the first to see them!!!

Mel Harlie will get there eventually!!! It's the greatest feeling watching them behave like a normal dog when they get there! The woman that I got her off asked me to not let her off-lead in an open area for 6 months....it took us 8 for me to be brave enough to test her.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:24 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i would be the same way carmen!! i'm so happy it worked out for you. i wish there was a place here in the u.s. it's hard though, cause at dog parks in dallas there will be puppy/under 30lbs sections and people let their huuuuge dogs in there!! ugh! i mean, if your puppy is over 30lbs, it can obviously be in the other section. it sucks cause chaquita is scared of big dogs and penny just stands there like, "what do i do with these guys?" sigh... once i saw a dog in there (and i'm not exaggerating!) that's shoulders <when standing> almost came up to my boobs!! i'm 5'3"! that was so not right!! and there were gsd's and labs in there and they all almost trampled my two. aaaaaaaaaaaaanyways.....off my vent now!!! (hope you don't mind carm. )

yah for biscuit one more time!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

No Jane you can vent in my thread...it's all good!!!! I know what you mean though...at the dog beach not many little dogs go there...they are usually too intimidated by the bigger dogs. Biscuit was great with them all but she did run and jump in front of a maltese and growled and growled at her (her tail was wagging so she wasn't going to attack...she was just bullying) and the owner told me that her dog was already scared as it was her first time there. Biscuit then took off to play with the other dogs and I apologised and the woman walked off (she was laughing). when she got out of ear shot a guy I was talking to said to me 'Biscuit was sooooooo telling that dog she looked like a sissy cause she had a bow in her hair!!!' And I think she probably was too!!!!
Jane you should go to the doggy park...it's a great way to meet people!!! I have not gone to the beach yet where I haven't spent my whole time talking to complete strangers....borrow someone's larger dog and take them!!! On Monday the guy I was talking to was actually a vet and he works not far from me, we live two streets away from each other, travel on the same road to work at the same time, both have female brindle English staffy's, have both recently been to spain to visit our future in laws and have the same tattoo (dragon, his is just in a different shape) and his next tattoo he wants a japanese symobl meaning love (what I have on my back...and when he seen the tat on my back he said 'omg you even have a japanese love symbol on your back...that's what I want next, just not on my back' so he knew exactly what it was which no-one does) and he drives the exact same model car that alex does!! It was very freaky I tell you!!!!! We talked for an hour and a half and everything was the same!!! It's like we live each other's lives!!!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

well, i would take them, except that i'd have to drive for over an hour. plus, NO ONE monitors the place and the big dogs are in the little dog area AND the whole place is disgusting. it's always all muddy and NO ONE picks up after their dog. so there is poo everywhere.
buuut...there were talks of one being built here in denton. that's what they said at the Dog Days a couple of years ago. let's hope!

thanks carm!

Tags
dog park, german shepard