I need help. - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 01:54 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja
He knows barking isn't allowed in the house (a bark to alert me that someone is at the door or pulling into the driveway is ok - but random barking ugh no way ) but he "talks"! In a low soft whiny tone... he's such a baby!!
I thought I was the only one who didn't allow barking in the house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Deja, I can tell I'm gonna be bending your ear a lot...are ya ready for me? Seriously, I just want to be the best that I can be for Cooper and vice versa. You are right, it's a beautiful breed and Cooper is just gorgeous.

Ok, now for the adding picture thing. I scrolled down to manage attachments, I clicked browse and found the photos I was trying to attach and then clicked on upload. Am I supposed to be doing something else?

Also, thank you everyone that has responded to this post, I really appreciate it and am so looking forward to getting to know you and your beautiful animals.

Thanks, Cheri
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure14K
I thought I was the only one who didn't allow barking in the house
This is something else that Cooper does at Mom and Dad's. Sooooo, how do you teach them to bark only when there might be an intruder? I'm amazed that you can teach them that.

Cheri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm guessing that Pure14K does the same thing that I do!
I teach the "Quiet" command

It IS amazing what they will learn with a little consistancy, repetition and persistant leadership!

When you went to "manage attachments" did you wait for the picture to actually upload? I'm still not sure what went wrong - I am sorry
I know someone else will jump in here....

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

sup cheri? in order to attach the pic, it has to be a JPG, not a BMP. if it isn't a jpg, resave it as one, and then try.

if it is...maybe it's too big. did it tell you that? (and what is "it" anyways? haha!)

let me know! and let us know about cooper...

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 05:01 PM

I've used the choke collars for training...choke kind, not the pinch collars. Kali learned very quickly and now walks loose leashed without the choker and just her regular collar. Orion is a hard headed lug! LOL! With the choker he is well behaved, but without it, you don't take him for a walk, he takes you for a drag! We are still working on that
Kali has also learned not to jump on people by walking right past her and ignoring her or using your knee to the chest when they jump. Orion again is hard headed and will stop trying after 4 or 5 times...he's getting better, but 75 pounds of stubborn pit is hard to get it through his thick skull sometimes
As far as the couch, well we failed to keep them off, but have taught them the couch is no place for chewing bones, so it's not too bad! Although occasionally Kali tries to sneak her bone up there!
Good Luck with Cooper and you can always e-mail pics and we can post them for you! If you want to send them to [email protected] I'll get them up for you!

Tags
animal lover, beautiful dogs, cattle dog, dog training, indoor cat, indoor cats, lap dog, obedience training, stray cats