I should be SO happy... - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awwww you have her already!!!! More pictures is a must mal!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

She is SUCH a Papa's girl! She acts like that with me but only when her Papa isn't around. (Either that or when he's asleep. )

Anyhow, as I sorta mentioned before, she is heeling amazingly all by herself. She's constantly beside one of us, and she always looks up to us to make sure she knows which way she's gunna go... She has a pretty good attention span for a little puppy when it comes to that.

She's good with people, but its hilarious when she mistakens someone elses legs for mine or Ben's. When she looks up after a few seconds, she kinda looks confused and then starts looking around for the right legs.

As for dogs, she's kinda timid. But after awhile she starts to warm up...

And for the crate, it was a little uncomfy for her right off the bat, but now she loves it and always goes in there to take her naps! (Even over Papa!!!! YES!!!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Mal that's great that she is heeling with you already!!!! Just a word of warning though.....Nacho used to be a great walker too until he got more confidence and then he pulled all the time!!! It was because he was nervous in a new area. So just praise her for heeling and give her treats on a walk so that when she does gain confidence she will still be that great little heeler!! And Biscuit is a daddy's girl too!! she loves men sooo much!! And I treat her better than Alex!!! She loves her mummy cuddles though!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind!

Ben likes to take her out back here where the yard is humongus and run around with her (though she can barely keep up!) It's so cute. She doesn't do it with me nearly as well, I think it's because I'm less fun since she can keep up better! LOL

Well when she does catch up with Ben (obviously because he stops) she circles around him and sits down by his side or in front of him.

Another adorable thing she does is lay down to eat, and then put one of her paws in her food bowl while she's eating. I don't get why, but she almost always does!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:22 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awwww she sounds soooo cute!!

post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aaaaaaaw! how cute!

post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Dakota pics

Ok I thought I'd better post a few pics of Dakota for Mal since I said I would! So here are a few...

post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 AM

AWWWWWW!!! Such a cutie!!!
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Miss New Booty

AWWWWWWWW! She is just adorable!!!!!!! Thanks for showing us the pictures, Melis, I was waiting in suspense ofcourse!!! What a heartbreaker!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics!! I must show Brad these new pics, he will be soo jealous!! Give her a hug from me, Mal!!

~* Jackie *~

post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

She is such a lover...when Mal stayed the nite on Friday nite, we stayed up really late and Dakota just wouldnt poop for us, even though she had ate, so we put her in her crate, and tried every 10 minutes or so, everytime we took her out she would pee, but no poop...lol...she made the saddest cries in her crate, but once she was out she just laid at Mals feet. She is a cutie...then in the morning when the guys got home, we were still tired, but got up to eat some cereal, then went back to bed while the guys played a video game, and we took Kota with us, and she laid her little head on my side, it was so cute...it reminded me of Harlie when she was a puppy...she always needed a human for a pillow...oh and by the way, Dakota pooped that morning too She was good at my house though, no accidents.

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Oh yes, of course! She held her poop ALL night long, but the minute Ben takes her out in the morning, she goes! That little brat!

She warms up to me really well when she feels like it, though. I have to say. Although she prefers to play with her Papa, she still loves me. Its funny how if I go in one room long enough she'll lay down. Then I'll walk out to do something else in another rom, and she jumps up and comes barreling along behind me to catch up and sit whereever my feet stop.

This morning when I was on here really early (like 2:30ish) she was snoozing in my lap... I guess when I was doing the inventory upstairs she never got enough sleep because everytime I'd move around my table, she's get up to try to stay beside my legs, but then I'd have to move again! She kept going back and forth, from one side to the other... LOL, I musta given her a little puppy work out!

Hey Melissa do you have the picture you took (I think) when Ben was sleeping on the floor and she was behind him?

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yeppers...here it is

post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Cool! Thanks Melissa!

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

cute...ness...over...load....

can't...take...more...cute...ness...

soooooo adorable! love her!

post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

What a sweetheart!!!!!! She is just beautiful!!!!!

Tags
dog food, food bowl, german shepherd, german shepherds, potty train, potty trained