I should be SO happy... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

I should be SO happy...

So I guess it's a good thing that I am!

On Tuesday, I called Kelly again and got her on the phone, asked if she still had Rain or not.

I was so disappointed, because she told me that yesterday some people who owned a Ranch and another Dane came by, and she decided that Rain would be better off with them. (Which, although it hurt a little to let the idea of Rain being ours go, I totally understood and even told her that if I was her, I'da done the same thing.)

So, as you've just learned we didn't get Rain. But it's probably better for Rain where she is at. Good luck to that doll of a dog.

So, I kept the search for a dog going. We went to visit another breeder... I mean "breeder". As all puppies are, they were very cute and of course you wanted to take them home, but this crazy old fool (uhm, did I say that out loud?) was trying to sell mismarked mantles and almost pure white (and very possibly deaf) danes for $700!! NO WAY HOSEA! Not to mention that you could tell he kept them all out in kennels 24/7 since they didn't care to even acknowledge the presence of any humans around them, much less even sniff you once or twice... But rather they coward away from you, darting. Or, about how his "stud males" had disgusting growths (?) hanging from their nipples. Or how the puppies we very skinny, and the mother even MORE skinny... AND worst of all!!... One of the puppies had this ENORMOUS tumor like swelling on its right shoulder, to the point it could barely walk. THAT about made me cry.

SO... I kept searching...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Arrow

So, by this point, we've been in the apartment for two days.

Unpacking wasn't that hard, except the dishes, them all being new and having to be washed before being put away made that chore take a god awful long time.... But anyways, since we don't have the internet (oh and BTW Jackie, tell Brad we don't need that favor, :wink: ) Melissa got online for me and looked for breeders and such, but no luck.... Uuhhvvv course!

So the day after that (the 3rd day in the apartment) I talked Ben into getting me a paper so I could look and see some ads for another Dane like how we saw Rain. There was one that was 2 years old, but Ben (like I told you all once before) said that (since we didn't get Rain) he wanted a puppy.

Okay. I can do that. I guess I'll just have to wait... So just for the heck of it, I keep looking at the ads.

"Wow, hunny. Can you believe there are like TEN ads for Labs and 7 ads for German Shepherds? Too bad we're not looking for one of those anymore." (If you've ever read my profile, you'll see that we've been tossing the three breeds around.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Arrow

So I said to Ben, "Can we just go play with some puppies? Some Shepherds?" Ben looked at me, like, why do you women always want to play with babies... (Ever gotten that one before, gals? ) haha

But, being the sucker he is, he says okay. So I called Melissa and Josh and told them we might go look at some puppies if they wanna come along too. (Melissa and me are the exactly same way... lol)

I called around, even for some Lab's, but only one person was near by enough that we'd have time to go play with them before Ben and Josh had to get ready and leave for work at 11.

So around 8:30-9:00pm, we went to this one family's house who had German Shepherd puppies. The ad said that the parents we're on site, and that they're all good with kids, AKC registered, etc... And yeah, they were cute. The dad was huge, his name was Jack, and the mother was somewhat small, her name was Jill. We played with the puppies for quite some time (to the point Ben was like, okay, I can't forget about work...) and we talked it over and decided the man was a responsible breeder. (Even Melissa said Wow about this guy and his dogs.) Over the time we were there, I had, of course, discovered the cutest puppy out of the four that we're there. The biggest female, with the darkest tan and a big black saddle. When I talked to Ben, he pointed to the same puppy and said, "That one's cool."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh did you get it???? and mal we are on yahoo if you want to come sign in and we can talk to you and melissa!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

Eeek the suspense is killing me!!!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Talking

So, after talking some more about the parents temperments and the puppies health thus far, we put a deposit down on "that one" that was so hard to point out when all four little ones kept tumbling and romping over each other. (It was quite like the game where you stick a ball under 1 out of 3 cups, moving them around quickly and then having to decide which one had the ball under it!)

Anyhow, Tony had pictures of his son in the welping pen with Jack and Jill before Jill had had the puppies, and she was big and pregnant, and in the pics Tony's son was hugging her all over and cuddling and petting Jill and she didn't look annoyed or agitated one bit. Same thing with Jack.

He showed us pictures of Jack and Jill both as puppies, as well as some pictures of Jack in the show stance... (For the life of me, I can't remember the technical word for that, sorry.)

He showed me Jack's pedigree and Jill's, pages and pages back. He did say though, "Now, even though Jack was shown before, I'm honest to tell you he's no Cruft's dog. He's never been in the Eukanuba Tournament of Champions or anything, okay? I haven't breed some 16-hundred dollar dogs." Which is true, because they have white on their chests (the puppies).

He told me how both Jack and Jill were hip certified, and that should anything ever happen with the pups hips, tell him and he'll take care of it. He also said that we'll get a copy of her parents pedigree, as well as a folder with the paperwork to get her papers.

He gave us a reciept for the hundred we deposited, to make sure she'd still be there in the next few days. Along with us, he sent a picture of the puppy we'd picked out from the rest from when she was just a few weeks old. Awww...

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Well now Carmen... what fun would it be to just go out and tell you I got a German Shepherd puppy, and she's 10 weeks old, we named her Dakota, and she's totally in love with Ben and such a sweetie to me?!?

No... It's so much better to drive you even more crazier than you all already are.

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

so when do you get her and what are you calling her!!!

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Oh My friggin goodness!!! I just wrote the REST of everything this guy said to us, and all the neat things about him and how cool he was and how he said he'd take care of hip problems if ever they'd happen, as well as he's calling back in a week to see how she is, and he wants pictures of course, as well as that he sent us with up to a weeks amount of dog food (Canidae)... and how she's so cute and loves papa, and at first ONLY wanted papa (that being her new papa, Ben) and how she was so silly at first when she didn't know how to walk on the leash and just sat there dumbfounded, how she slept with papa and cuddles so cute with him, and runs around with him like she is some puppy expert on how to heel so well that you make you're new momma and papa just melt and go all googly all over ya... How she's just so danged cute and we got SO MANY pictures to show ya of her...

And haha, how Melissa left her cable for downloading the digital pics onto her comp at work, and that you'll see pictures of this adorable little dahling Dakato on ... uhm, Monday!

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Oh, and that I think Manto has a cute new online girlfriend perhaps! LOL

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

ONE last thing, I promise...

I just wanted to tell you, I have absolutely NO Dirkism's or Nicoleism's in me, that I am for real, and so is muh puppah!

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Mal!!! don't worry I've seen you on webcam with a towel over your head and exercising!!! I think you are for real!!!!

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

H/O I think I might be able to show you some pictures that I took with my camera phone!!

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Okay, now I hope my email will recieve the pictures, then I can save them (even though they may be small) temporarily on Melis's computer, then upload them to my photobucket account and post them!

HURRY IT UP YAHOO!!

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

yah post them post them!!!!

Tags
dog food, food bowl, german shepherd, german shepherds, potty train, potty trained