I think he's dying... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Unhappy I think he's dying...

I'm just cross posting this from my blog to here because I haven't the heart to write it all again.

FYI- Keda is the woman who offered Ben a job in FL and also told us she had property we could rent. What she didn't tell us was the job wasn't even set up (therefore non existent) and that the house was in shambles and needed repairing, so we had to live with her until Ben and his parents could fix the house. (By the time the house was done (enough to be live-able anyways) we were only there a month and a half or so until we decided to move back to OH because we were so miserable.)

---------
I need thoughts. Good vibes, well wishes, that sorta thing. For my dog, not me.

You might remember me talking about Boo and his bonyness. That he's super thin, losing weight, had worms, etc... I believe I treated him for the worms. At least I haven't seen anymore in his stool. But still this big guy is losing weight insanely. To my eyes it seems like in just the last week he's lost even more and really quickly.

I called the vet first thing this morning and they said to bring him in at 2:30. I didn't even ask Ben. I'm just taking him. We finally got our van fixed so I don't need to argue with the man to get it done, to get Boo in, and I'm taking care of it myself.

Thing is, I hope thats all there will be to it. I'm REALLY hoping they'll tell me he's just fine, give him a different food, vitamins even. Or maybe tell me that he still has worms and it will be an easy treatment to rid him of them. But I'm TERRIFIED to the CORE that its heartworms. Two weeks ago, no problem, I would've had full confidence it didn't matter what he had, we could take care of it. But right now, ... ugh right now...

Like I said we just got my van fixed. This thing has been sitting for months because first Ben couldn't fix it, then his dad and my grandpa couldn't fix it. When we moved from TN to FL we hauled it with our truck. When we moved to OH again we hauled it as well. And after Ben almost just trashing the thing because he's annoyed with it, he's finally repaired it. New transmission, new windshield, some other things I can't remember that were also fixed. It cost us almost $2k.

And now... now we have less than $500 in the bank. Heartworms cost more then that to treat. I don't know what I'm going to do.

If he has heartworm, I'll be so upset. And not just emotionally upset like crying and worried. I'll be the pissed kinda upset. Because no one would listen to me.

When we moved to FL, wait scratch that. BEFORE we moved to FL, I asked if Boo would be allowed in Keda's house because he is NOT an outside dog. "OH YEAH! No problem! We love Boo! He's a part of your family, we know that! " *rolls eyes* Was he ever allowed inside unless he was in his crate? Nope. And then even after a week or two he wasn't even allowed in for THAT. From there his health has been dwindling and I swear no one but me cares to see it.

I fought for Ben to back me up, but he didn't want to stand up to Keda. I understood and I felt sympathy for the situation Ben was in and that we were kinda backed into a corner, but I was still upset.

I also would be mad at Ben. Because again, BEFORE we moved, I told Ben if we're headed to FL that he has to agree to take care of Boo and get him on a schedule of frontline and heartguard (like he is suppose to be anyways!) because he's far more likely to get sick from all the mosquitos and stuff down there. Well you can guess that obviously never happened either.

Again, I'm mad. But what could he do? The job we moved for was a friggin' JOKE, there wasn't even a job! So how could I have held it against Ben that he wasn't taking care of Boo when he was already scrambling and struggling trying to take care of and provide for his wife, daughter and unborn son?

So I guess most of my anger is directed at Keda, if he's got heartworms. She lied to us on so many levels and if my dog dies because of it...

UGH!

... Excuse me while I go barf and then cry in the corner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aww Mallory, I am so sorry to hear youre going thru all that at this time. I can see how upset and worried you are and with very good reason.
Poor Boo. I hope you are able to get treatment for him and he starts to improve. Nothing but hugs and good wishes and thoughts for Boo and your family.
And as far as Keda goes, well what she has done, lie to you both like you said on so many levels...hmmm, that was just wrong! Has she apologized or explained herself at all? Does she see what is going on and how its effecting your family?

I will keep Boo and your family in my thoughts. I am just a pm away also, ok. Keep strong, just like you have been doing. Youre not alone
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Curmudgeon

Mal,

I am SO sorry all this is happening to you. Things just seem to be piling on, one on top of another. As tough as things are, ..I know you can handle it.

You have my best thoughts and wishes for you....

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Leo
Driving Diva

((Hugs)) hoping things start to look better soon!

~Ignorance can be cured with education~

Mom to:
A little girl (6) and a little boy (4), and 2 dogs
Leo and
Gunner

Proud Coastie Sister!!
My brother is in Virginia at FT school !!

RIP Ed
October 2000-November 2007
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

sending tons and tons of get well soon vibes, good thoughts and prayers...I am so sorry...if you need anything just ask...once again I will keep boo and you all in my prayers

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm so sorry to hear about this, I really hope that's not what is worng with Boo. I'm sending all my best wishes to you, Boo and your family

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Wow, sometimes people can be so terrible. I really hope that Boo will be ok. Best wishes and good luck.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Boo's blood work came back negative for heartworm!

Thats a big weight off my shoulders. My stomach was in knots when I called.

They didn't tell me to but I brought in a stool sample when I took him in. So they ran tests on that and it was positive for hook worms. Well, she said eggs. So after I give him the second dose of the wormer stuff on the 21st, two weeks after that they would like to see him again with a fresh stool sample to make sure they're gone.

She said it was probably reinfestation from the yard, and to make sure its cleaned really well. So... ok. Even after picking up the yard there's still poop in it, seeing as I can't scrape every little bit off of each blade of grass... Especially since the wormer stuff seems to have given him really bad squirts. I'll google it but does anyone know of perhaps a way of treating the yard to kill off any parasites lingering around? (Someone suggested something called Seven Dust. Anyone have any knowledge if this is any good?) I just wanna bleach the grass but I bet that would be a bad idea... LOL

Anyways, thats the news. Thanks for crossing your fingers and positive thoughts... I was really scared.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Err yeah it hink bleaching the grass would be a bad idea lol i am glad Boo is gonna be ok and doesnt have heartworm........as for cleaning your yard i dont really know what to suggest i have never seen cleaning chemicals fr gardens lol hopefully someone else here can help you on that one...........hugs for you and Boo xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm so glad to hear it wasn't heart worms! Whew!

Danes are notorious for being on the thin side. I think it's part of the breed. My mom had a Dane, fed her good food, vitamins, kept her up to date on wormers and shots, etc but that dog was always thin. My cousin just got a 2 year old male Dane and he's the same way.

Rhonda

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
can't think of one, help

I wouldn't use Sevin-Dust, be very careful with any pesticides. Could be worse than having to treat for worms. Glad its just a simple case of normal worms.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Will It Ever Change?

*hugs* my dear...that's all I got, lots of *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Curmudgeon

Glad it worked out Mal.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

so glad that all is on the way to being ok...I have no idea on how to treat the grass...hmmm I will see what I can find on the net and I will ask around

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm so glad Boo's going to be alright ^^

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

Tags
dying, heartworms, pray keep strong