Tarzan Mama of Two
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The land down under!
I think I'm wearing Alex down....
Ok guys I'm doing a really bad thing here! On Saturday morning I made alex come and look at Aussie Bulldog's puppy pics on the net with me. There is a litter near us available on the 4th December. He admitted that they were cute and he insisted that we couldn't have one, which I know! Then on Saturday night I was talking about them again and he said that I just had to wait to get one. I said to him 'So I can definently get one one day then' and he said 'of course you can, after our world trip.'
On Saturday afternoon he told me he was so proud of biscuit watching her at the beach and I said 'imagine when we can watch our bulldog too' and he told me it would be really cute.
Then on Sunday while we were painting ceilings together I mentioned the bulldog's again and told him to think of names...just for the fun of it. Well we were saying all types of names and came up with Celery (I swear we weren't sticking to a food theme). alex told me that Biscuit and Celery sounded cute together.
Now my problem with all of this is that if alex is really adamant on me not getting a pet in the near future then he refuses to engage in any conversation about them at all!
My mum had originally said she was only looking after one dog when we are away for so long cause she didn't want two dogs in her house but it looks like they will be living in their apartment by the time we go and will probably end up house sitting. When we bought the dining room table Alex wouldn't let me tell them what we bought and my mum thought we had bought a bulldog.
I had originally said no more animals until after we come back cause it's unfair on the dog's. Now i'm starting to think that biscuit might cope better if she has a friend with her as well. she might not feel as neglected and she spends half her week with my p's while I'm at work so it's kinda like she has two houses and it would be the same for the puppy.
We couldn't possible have a puppy in this house but I have a feeling once we had sold a house and had a bit of money again (causes finances are stretched to their limit right now) that I could convince alex that getting an aussie bulldog puppy would be ok. Obviously I'd check with my p's too but considering biscuit is their 'grandchild' I don't think they's mind having two.
So please guys be brutally honest....is it too cruel to get another dog and leave it for 6 months in about 3 and half years time or do you think it's okay considering the circumstances? We hadn't decided on this trip when we got Biscuit so I haven't thought this through before and I really thought alex would be totally against getting another dog until Biscuit had passed away but the truth is he loves that dog and openly admits it. Help me out here!! do I put the pressure on or let it go and wait until we come back?
Too lazy to even think of a siggy