I'm going to send them to the circus!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Angry I'm going to send them to the circus!!!!

Well... I have 2 escape artists... and I can't seem to be able to keep them in the backyard... and they HAVE to wait for rainy days to do it!!!

Yesterday, I heard Charlotte and Valentina whining... they do that when they are following an iguana (that's another story... they have been huting, killing and eating green iguanas... we've been able to save a few when we see them, but they have manages to catch a few too)... well.. I looked through the window, but I couldn't see them, even though I heard them... I go to the backyard, and they weren't there, they had crossed a fence that leads to a small hall with a small garden that's on the side to the house. This leads to the balcony and then to the streets. Charlotte is so skinny that she can go through the gate, so I go running to the other side to get them. I take them back to the backyard, tie them up and inspect the fence to see where are they going out... After i think I have it figured out, my mom helped me close where I think they were going out with some wire... I let them loose again and went to take a shower cause I was muddy muddy... After my shower, I go to the balcony to feed the crickets and guess who I found? Yes.. Valentina again in the hall... and I could hear Charlotte running down the street! (Arrgh!) I called her and she came in running to meet me (phew!). I had gotten dark already, so we just left them tied up during the night...

Well, today I woke up to deal with them. I let them loose and went to the other side of the house to look what where they doing to get out... Guess what are they doing... THEY ARE CLIMBING MY NEIGHBOR'S FENCE, CRAWLING ON THE TUBE TILL THEY CROSS THE 9' FENCE THAT DIVIDES THE BACKYARD FROM THE HALL AND JUMPING TO THE OTHER SIDE! Can you believe it! Grrrr! Well, I put a piece of zinc there on the fence so they couldn't climb it, and watched for a while... they tried it, but gave up. 8) I go away... and after half an hour checked on them and Charly wasn't in the backyard I called her and finally, found her... she had climbed the fence at the end of the backyard and gotten to the other side (still our backyard, but not fenced).... I took her in, tied them both and decided to leave them till tuesday when my dad can come up with something to block her from going out... (he works on weekends, but has tuesday-thursday free).

Then, my little Vale chewed her leash and is loose on the backyard again... I just hope that she doesn't chews Charly's leash... they like to stay together, so having at least one tied, might do the trick... *sigh* why didn't they told me that they were houdini's relatives before I decided to adopt them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:30 AM

Bless your heart. I know the feeling. I love my Manto (GSD) to death but that kid tests me!! I feel your pain girlie, but hang in there, they do get better!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

I sure hope so!!! Charlotte is almost 2 years... (well, she's actually around 1.5 years...) She should have calmed a little... lol... but, not... she's the leader... Vale is the little follower. I advice everybody, beware of labxgreyhound mixes! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

That must suck so much!
The only dog I've had to chase was my Jack Russell, but it's so much easier for my parents to pull up with the car because she'll jump in for a car ride. hehe.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 08:01 PM

Red face

Hehehe! Its sounds like fun there?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Well... an update... Valentina did chewed Charlotte's leash... and she had a run in my neighbor's backyard for a while... till my dad arrived and took her back. He put another zinc sheet at the other part of the fence and tomorrow he'll check it to see if he can do anything else to prevent future escapes...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 05:49 AM

Oh BELIEVE me I hear ya! My Jayson is the houdini of the dog world! I have a dog run for my dogs it runs from one end of my yard to the other. I thought this was a good solution. I had a fence at my old house but it was only six foot and Jayson could clear it no problem! Well I was wrong about the run. Well the first time I put him out, I went to make dinner and then I hear this incesant barking. It was Jayson standing ON TOP of the garage barking at the neighbors. He simply slipped out of his collar! He is a pitbull and his neck is nearly as thick as his head so it wasn't too hard. So then I thought "ahh, I'll get a harness surely that'll hold him" wrong again! He somehow managed to slip out of that too. So the bottom line is he cannot be outside unsupervised. In the winter he can only be out for a couple minutes any way. But in the summer I just have to let my front door open so as I can watch him. I try to work in as many walks as possible but with two young children that is not always an option. So I guess my best advice for you is, don't leave them unsupervised. I know that can be diffucult but god only knows what could happen if they get loose. Anyway best of luck!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

My husband's Samoyed is a great escape artist, too. We've made so many patches to our fence it's not even funny. Filling in holes, putting wire over wire, etc.

I'm thinking one day we will have made so many patches there's no possible way he can escape anymore. Maybe that will be how it is for you, too. We can hope, can't we?

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
jack russell