I'm sick of people not listening to me. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm sick of people not listening to me.

When it comes to my dog. I go to the library with him, pretty much everyday. And pretty much every day someone comes up and asks if they can pet my dog. I usually say no, but sometimes I say yes. So I don't really care ifthey ask.
Well anyways yesterday, this lady came up to me and said I can't pet or talk toyour dog can I? I said not right now please he is working and sleeping. I don't like my dog startled awake. And I also told her he has been a little Agitated.
So what does she do? She tells me that if she were to pet him he would quit bein agitated. I repeated myself please do not mess with my dog.
So what does she do? She sits down right across the aisle from him and starts talking to him. I look at her, then I look back at the puter I was on, thinking she woudl get the hint that I dont want to be messed with or my dog messed with.
Then she puts her hand out to let him sniff her. This is when I tell her quit please. Sydney did just sniff her, and that was good. But he ain't supposed to even Acknowledge the person. But I can't get after him for that when someone is talking to him and giving him her hand to smell.
The she starts saying, I bet he's hot. I say yes I am sure he is, but I don't know him well enough to let anyone trim him yet. She said , well I bet he would allow me to.
I told her Thanks but No Thanks.
Then she starts criticizing me about how well I brush my dog. I tell her I do brush him everyday, but he doens't seem to enjoy it, so I don't do it very long. Then she changed her mind and said that he looks very well cared for. Which I replied Thank you.
Then after awhile, I growled under my breath, I didn't realize that she could hear me, but at least it caused her togo away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Hello Earthling

Oh I hate that!!! I esp. hate when parents tell their children to pet the doggie without asking

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I know what ya mean!

I just got a puppy and i have had a few in the past and have researched a lot.

In fact i trained my roommates girlfriends dog, and now they think they know better than me. Like you should put your dog on a diet (he's a baby he can eat pretty much how ever much he wants to he isn't fat.) So he stays small (and i don't care if he grows to his full potential thats actually what i want)

Or you need to trim his nails (they were professionally done THAT day)

Or you shouldn't make him sleep in a crate he can sleep with me (NO he is my dog, he is sleeping in my room he is a puppy he needs a crate to potty train him and be secure)

You should feed him adult food (He is 10 weeks old!)

You shouldnt let him out side when the grass is wet (He needs to go potty even if there is dew on the ground!!)

You don't know how to give him a bath (yes i do, but i gave him a short one because he was kind of scared!)

you didn't blow dry him enough! (he is a baby this is his first time, he can be damp)

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

I hate it when people will not leave my dog alone. First of all he is super shy, and a bit unpredictable because of that. I have even had to stop adults from running up to his face trying to pet him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Exactly!!!! Why can't people go home and pet their own dogs? Or go to the humane society if theyd ont have one, they always want to be pet.........Sydney doesnt' always want to be pet, not even by me.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Playful Pup

It happens to me all the time too- I think it is bcuz Stitch is so little. He is very good about it but there are some people that he does tense up around and I am always afraid something could happen- he is a dog after all. And then I am sure it would be anyone's fault but the person who caused it!!! It is extremely frustrating!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Is he a working dog? I would get one of those patch things to put on his collar or harness so people get the hint. I wouldn't be afraid of getting rude with them either.

I have read other people having problems with the "public" when they are out with their working dogs.

*Missy*
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

he has a patch on him......they don't care.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I am allergic to maths

I know what you mean! The other day I walked our pup around the park at about 6am because there are less people around that early and this woman comes up to me and asks if she can pet her. I said yes but only for a minuite because if gets she gets to excited she starts to nip and bark. So she pets her for a minuite and then I tell Rosie to go and she starts walking. The woman grabbed hold of the lead, pulled her back and fed her a sweet! I told her to sit and took it out of her mouth, I turned to the woman and said that I would appreciate it if she didnt touch my dog without asking. She said I would appreciate it if that flea ridden mongroel wasnt walked near her again. She really pissed me off!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I would be really pissed too!! That lady has some nerve
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

I have to get rude sometimes. I know that Ruckus is a bite threat if improperly approached by idiots.

I will stop them if i even seen them walking and looking right at Ruckus. "please dont pet him, be bites strangers" and that is a lie, but he might possibly!

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Today when I got on a train, this blind lady with her dog was getting on too.
People didn't seam to care. It's was quite easy to see that she was blind, and it was a working dog, but every body just walked into her and the dog anyway.

People just seam to become more and more rude.
Every idiot should know better than to annoy a person with a working dog. And people should just keep their distance. Not that they can't help, but bumping into the dog or owner is just plain rude.

If someone asked to pet my dog, and they didn't understand the no, I think I would say something nasty >_<

Like this one time I was walking my dog, and this big male dog comes up to us. My dog dosen't care much for other dogs, so sometimes she needs to be put on a leash (she just walks around the dogs, but want to talk to their humans >_<).
This boy who was walking the big dog comes along a few minutes later, and says something like "He dosen't bite"
I thold him that that might be, but mine do, and then he got his stupid dog away
Some times you just need to say stuff like that, to get people to understand what's going on.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Newborn Pup

Who do people think they are? Dogs are not a frickin novelty item. They are living creatures, very cute, but still living creatures. How would they like it if some random person wanted to touch them?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i really let every one that wants to pet my dog as my pup is a babe and needs to be socialized, it is great for me to work on proper greeting response with him, teach kids to be careful with him, and teach them to ask before petting, if they don't ask they don't get to pet. Thats it.

[/CENTER]

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
i really let every one that wants to pet my dog as my pup is a babe and needs to be socialized, it is great for me to work on proper greeting response with him, teach kids to be careful with him, and teach them to ask before petting, if they don't ask they don't get to pet. Thats it.
But people should also learn that no means no, and it's not something you say to annoy other people.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo