I'm so ANGRY!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Angry I'm so ANGRY!!

Look at what these people are teaching kids! Blatent lies! ARGH!! I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!
http://www.sidewalksundayschool.org/...ml/pitbull.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I watched the video - it looks like a simple case of ignorange spreading ignorance. Very sad, indeed.

If I take a step backward and try to view the big picture- the only rational explanation I can come up with is that the man is preaching in an area ripe with people breeding dogs for fighting? Maybe he is trying to discourage people from falling into the trap, getting in over their heads with a genetically messed up dog that without strict, exacting training, handling etc. is a potential danger? How about talking fact not hyperbole!?

Still - to me - I agree - scare tactics are ignorant. If he was preaching to children under 6 - they don't have the capacity to understand anything he said but "a pitbull is a dog - therefore - be very afraid of pitbulls - be very afraid of dogs - dogs can attack you and the police will shoot them" ... very ignorant... Those pictures the other person was holding up - omg - nothing to be showing to young impressionable innocent children. JMO

Infuriating.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:45 AM

I can not believe that. The things people say to children. I agree with you Deja.. that's ignorance spreading ignorance, and to children who don't have the ability to seperate fact from fiction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

I have to tell you, if MY kids saw that, well let's just say even though they are only 6 and 7, they would have straightened him out! My kid get VERY protective over ALL the animals! They even did Show and Tell with Jetta, (i brought her and handled her and she actually loved the attention) but my kids told them everything about them! I was impressed as to how much information they actually picked up at such a young age! They even told the teachers to crank up the A/C before we came and how important it is! (jetta is a chinchilla in case you are wondering) But Zachary did a show and tell in kindergarten last year when Orion was just a pitty puppy and the teacher LOVED it...kids were asking all kinds of questions about mean pitbulls and he straightened them right out!
I agree, ignorance teaching ignorance...Urgh! It just really ticked me off!
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

hey mandie...well i'm not going to type much cause i'm so mad. i just wanted you to know that i put my english skills to good use and wrote them an email. this is what i wrote, verbatim:

My name is Jane ******* and I have a complaint to file with your organization.

I am a member of Paw-Talk Pet Forums on the Internet and another member recently posted the link to your website because she is enraged at how irresponsible your program is.

I viewed your video clip that shows a man telling a story of a pitbull dog and his young owner to, what I assume, is a large group of small children.

First of all, it is organizations like yours that continue to perpetuate these false conceptions of certain dog breeds. Aggression is something that humans instill in dogs. No dog is naturally aggressive.

Furthermore, any breed could be at a higher risk for aggressive behavior if humans bred for this kind of temperament.

It is irresponsible people like you that instill fear in the minds of the general public towards these breeds. These acts contribute to the high number of dogs like pitbulls that are kept for months or years in shelter situations. They are often unwanted simply because people hear the kind of propaganda that you preach so often. These dogs may have no chance at life simply because of the lies that you and other organizations like yours so easily distribute.

I believe that you owe me and the members of Paw-Talk Pet Forums an explanation of your undeniably cruel misrepresentation of the pitbull breed. Many of the members own these wonderful dogs and I am sure that they would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that all pitbulls are instinctively aggressive.

I am appalled at how irresponsible your organization is, but unfortunately, not surprised.

Sincerely,
Jane *******

post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 01:28 AM

you go Jane!!!!!!!

Not to mention the whole turning after a lick of blood crud
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks!! i know...isn't that the most insane thing?? they make them sound like sharks for crying out loud!

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Ok I'm soooooo angry right now too Mandie!! I can't believe that moron!!! If I was in the crowd I would have told him to start praying for a new heart cause he needs one!!! What an idiot!!
Thanks Jane for sending that letter! It will be interesting to see if you get a response!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

That story is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a long time! What a moron to tell that to kids! What a moron to tell that at all. Really ticks me off...

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
hey mandie...well i'm not going to type much cause i'm so mad. i just wanted you to know that i put my english skills to good use and wrote them an email. this is what i wrote, verbatim:

I am a member of Paw-Talk Pet Forums on the Internet and another member recently posted the link to your website because she is enraged at how irresponsible your program is.

I viewed your video clip that shows a man telling a story of a pitbull dog and his young owner to, what I assume, is a large group of small children.

First of all, it is organizations like yours that continue to perpetuate these false conceptions of certain dog breeds. Aggression is something that humans instill in dogs. No dog is naturally aggressive.

Furthermore, any breed could be at a higher risk for aggressive behavior if humans bred for this kind of temperament.

It is irresponsible people like you that instill fear in the minds of the general public towards these breeds. These acts contribute to the high number of dogs like pitbulls that are kept for months or years in shelter situations. They are often unwanted simply because people hear the kind of propaganda that you preach so often. These dogs may have no chance at life simply because of the lies that you and other organizations like yours so easily distribute.

I believe that you owe me and the members of Paw-Talk Pet Forums an explanation of your undeniably cruel misrepresentation of the pitbull breed. Many of the members own these wonderful dogs and I am sure that they would love to hear how you came to the conclusion that all pitbulls are instinctively aggressive.

I am appalled at how irresponsible your organization is, but unfortunately, not surprised.

Sincerely,
Jane *******
Great information, Jane. Please remember though that any opinions stated are not necessarily those of Paw-Talk and belong solely to the members.

Stephanie

post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:10 PM

Quote:
"Help us change the world one child at a time".
This is what their website says! How? By spreading false information?! I am fuming right now! It is people like that, who give this breed a bad name!
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 02:52 PM

I didn't get to see the movie, takes too long to load on this italian dial up and when it did load it only showed the first 2 seconds before freezing up....UGH, but after reading the posts here, I have a pretty good idea. I agree with things like this that is just ignorance speaking and not the facts that people need to find out about breeds of dogs before speaking out like that. Great letter Jane!!!
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:30 PM

This probably isn't the thread to ask this and might need to be spun off but I'm interested in the everyone's opinion on the inate aggressiveness of these breeds of dogs that are 'labeled' badly by society. Any takers?
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:31 PM

great idea Lox... make the thread. I'd love to hear other opinions on this too
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Sincerely,
Jane *******
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Great information, Jane. Please remember though that any opinions stated are not necessarily those of Paw-Talk and belong solely to the members.
Taking that a step further and playing Devil's Advocate, I'm not sure everyone here at PT necessarily feels the same as you.

Tags
pit bull, pit bulls