I'm so proud of my dog right now!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

I'm so proud of my dog right now!!!

I'm trying so hard to study and organise the house at the moment but how can I when I'm getting so excited about my dog!!
As some of you know Biscuit has never ever played with a toy the whole time we have had her! We have tried everything (including wrestling with her and then adding toys to our hands...as soon as we did she stopped playing and walked away, she hated toys!) and have had no luck. She has been watching everything so much lately since taking her to the dog beach. It's like a little kid learning from their siblings. The other night she even sat and watched Alex ever so carefully while he was having a shower...she watched his every move (I joked that one day we are going to come home to Biscuit chilling out in the bath!) So anyway the other day I gave Euri (puppy I'm looking after) a stuffed toy of hers that I bought from the supermarket the day we got her. She has never ever touched it in her life. It was like she was insulted by it. So Euri was having a ball playing with it the other day and she took it off him, chewed on it for three seconds and got bored. I got it out again today (so far he has collected everything on the ground and I was trying to distract him) and she actually fully played with it. She picked it up in her mouth, shook her head around and then had a game of tug with it with Euri!!! I just sat there in amazement!!! Then I got smart and got my camera out! She has also started wrestling with him (which she does very carefully due to the size difference) so she is even playing with other dogs now. I think I need to keep bringing dogs into the house for her to learn from. As I am typing they are sitting at my feet playing tired wrestling (they are both exhausted but still want to play) with each other. I had to share you guys cause I had just decided that she was never going to be into toys. Maybe one day we can even teach her fetch :blob2: Alex will be so excited when he hears about this!

Side note....she just let Euri have Cindy's blanket....she doesn't even let Cindy have her own blanket!

And the puppy that is helping her learn how to be a dog........

(that is cindy's leg in the background)

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

yah carmen! that's really cool. my friend's chi, josie never ever plays with toys, but she will steal them from another dog just cause she doesn't want them to have them.

maybe biscuit is doing that! hahahaha! maybe she just really likes that red-googly eyed thing!!

very cool, though, carmen!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jane she was definently stealing it from euri on Friday but today she really enjoyed playing it! After I posted this I went outside with just her and threw it and she retrieved it and bought it back twice. she was bounding through the air to get the toy and was very excited by it! She stopped playing outside cause she wanted back inside to play tug with Euri again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

that's so awesome! go biscuickers!!!!!!!!! i think it's cause the toy looks just like you, carm. j/j, girl!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

It's the big nose isn't it Jane?

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 04:46 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i was thinking the hairy red body...but now that you mention the nose.....

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
I'm trying so hard to study and organise the house at the moment but how can I when I'm getting so excited about my dog!!
LOL I can understand that! I'm struggling to get anything productive done this week too

Quote:
I think I need to keep bringing dogs into the house for her to learn from.
I do agree with this. Max taught Chelsea a LOT. Chelsea then taught Samso a huge amount! And now Chelsea is teaching Polo all kinds of stuff. She speaks "their language" and knows when to push and when to back off.... Cliche but... she knows when to hold'm, knows when to fold'm, knows when to walk away, and now with Polo...knows when to RUN! LOL

It is VERY EXCITING to see a dog who doesn't understand "play" actually playing!!!! What a HUGE STEP THAT IS!!!

CONGRATS!!!

- Deb

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Fertile Myrtle

Ryland saw Polo in the other thread and wanted to see more pics so I clicked on this thread and he thought that your dog was eating elmo!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Carmen, Biscuit has really been making you proud lately! She is such a good girl. As a side note, I can see how her coat shines because of the diet you give her. She is such a healthy dog.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

christi!! Poor Ryland!! Tell him it is definently not Ryland!!! It's a red monster and Biscuit and euri were keeping it away from him!!
Denise she is making me very proud lately!! At agility training last night I had to share runs with this very competitive lady (biscuit is ther epurely for the fun of it). Anyway she kept hogging it and was hardly letting me have a turn with Biscuit and then laughed at me when I accidently put one of the jumps on the higher level. She said 'as if your dog could jump that high' really nastily so I politely explained to her that it wa snothing for Biscuit to jump up to my shoulder height (i'm 5'8"). Then we put all the runs together and we got to watch everyone go through it. biscuit must have known cause she was perfect and the trainer said very loudly 'Biscuit is the best jumper in this room' I nearly did a happy dance right there and then!! Her dog sucked last night too! Must have been getting her bad vibes.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

you go Biscuit!!

Biscuit --->

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jane I swear she knew she was being laughed at!!!! but she was the only dog there that didnt need the door protected by people incase she ran off....my dog comes when calls....and she stayed focused on me the whole night (a miracle but I made out that it was a normal behaviour!!! ) Ok off to study now for my exam tonight....blah!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicOlio
Cliche but... she knows when to hold'm, knows when to fold'm, knows when to walk away, and now with Polo...knows when to RUN!
You better count your money.
When you're sittin' at the table, there'll be time enough for countin',
When the dealin's done.
Didn't think I knew where that came from did ya?

That's awsome Camen!! Just watch her with those soft toys, bullies have a tendency to shred them!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Too late mandie!!!! The red monster has been shredded today!!!

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 01:08 PM

Cute babies!