IMPT:How to get CHEAPER pet medicine - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Smile IMPT:How to get CHEAPER pet medicine

Hey guys,
SoÖthis is probably going to sound insensitive, and I hate for anyone to think Iím skimping on my dogís care, but itís because I love and want to keep Annie that I have to ask, because I really need to cut back: has anyone on here found any good places to get cheaper pet medicine? Iím spending a lot on her healthcare and I think there must be somebody out there who can help me keep her healthy for less than Iím spending nowÖ
Thanks a lot in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

I moved this to the dog section since you're asking about your dog.

What medications exactly are you looking to find for cheaper? Knowing what you are looking for might help people give you better advice.

I have heard of online realtors that sell prescription meds for animals at cheaper prices than what most vets charge, but for most meds you will still need to take your dog into the vet to get a prescription. The only prescription meds my dog takes is heartworm preventative, and I just buy that from my vet, so I can't really recommend any websites personally. You should be able to do some research and find some though.

You can also try looking in your area for low cost vet clinics. Often times low cost clinics will sell things like flea and heart worm meds at discount prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dragonrain; 09-04-2012 at 02:13 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Newborn Pup

Hi there!

Well I just wanted to tell you that in my current research and findings, I have found that most medicines that are way too expensive sometimes aren't the best for your pet so dont worry about sounding skimpy! there are many people out here that are going through the same exact problem when it comes to costs for your medical care. That is why I stared a non-profit organization to help those in need of medical care for their pets!

First off, I dont exactly have that particular info for you on where to get the best medicine for cheap how ever I can do that research for you and get back to you with what I find if you like. Just let me know, Im here to help!

Sincerely Angela Janelle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of MITA foundation
Check out Our new Service Paw Angels
instagram: @wildprettyangie

Have a question about your pet?
Email me:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:16 PM
canis lupus familiaris

I agree. It really depends on what medicine you're looking for. I'm into holistic stuff so...for example...my pest program includes brewers yeast, garlic, and DE taken internally plus a homemade mixture spray used on my cats once a week (dogs once a day.) Much more work traded for cheaper supplies.

If your dog is going through something like Parvo or Chemo...yeah generally it will be expensive unless you ask a holistic vet some home remedies.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Newborn Pup

watch what home remedies you give to your pets!

Be very careful what you give to your pet, before administering any home remedies google the ingredients along with the species, I.E. is garlic good for dogs, because garlic and onions have been known to cause severe medical problems in some breeds!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I always feel it is far more safer if the medicine is actual prescribed by vet that he has proven effective and safe. All meds might be effective in some case and situation, some might not be safe.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Newborn Pup

Pet medications can be very expensive, I know.. and I've looked through tons of websites but a place I've found great satisfaction with was California Pet Pharmacy. At first I was iffy about buying medications online instead of my vet's office, but after speaking to them I felt reassured and my pet hasn't had any problems with their medications! Hope this can help you out!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 12:30 PM
canis lupus familiaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsjynx View Post
Be very careful what you give to your pet, before administering any home remedies google the ingredients along with the species, I.E. is garlic good for dogs, because garlic and onions have been known to cause severe medical problems in some breeds!
Garlic and onions (especially onions) kill blood cells in high doses. The key is to not give high doses lol. I understand though where you're coming from. A lot of people give that stuff willy nilly and end up with a dying pet.

On that topic, shepherd type dogs shouldn't have ivermectin (for heartworms.) Some vets will also not use acepromazine (sedative) so always always ALWAYS note if your dog might be of a sheepdog breed.

[B]
Spyro
Loki
Luna
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Newborn Pup

You are being a good steward of your finances by looking around for the best price, as long as quality is not compromised. Nothing to feel sorry for! I hope your dog is doing okay. =o)

Tags
ask for help