Indie has kidney failier :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Unhappy Indie has kidney failier :(

Earlier today we got told that Indie has had blood tests and they found out that he has kidney failier, which is why he isn't eating. It did show that he also had a blockage, which was what the other thread was about, but that isn't the cause of him being so weak and not eating.
I miss Indie so much, I was so sure he would be coming home today and I was so excited.
I can't get over whats happened. He came to us very skinny, which was due to the kidney failier, but no one new.
He was the perfect dog, off the lead after two days and had all his training, I've been crying for ages, but the tears won't stop.
We only had him two months
I want to go and see him before he gets PTS, do you think this will be best or do you think I should leave it?
Thanks for your help
Luv you all
xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Oh No...I am so sorry. I was with all my animals at the time, it was the hardest thing ever, you will know whats right for you...I am just so sorry...if you need anything just ask

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Hun, I am SO sorry about your pup! It's a personal choice as to whether you want to see him or not. Take a bit of time to evaluate how you feel and then decide. *hugs*

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww hunny i am so sorry. If it were me i would want to see him but it's your choice hun.....it might be better for you to remember him at home and happy with you instead of waiting to be PTS at the vets???? Whichever you decide hun i am thinking of you at this horrible time xxx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i'm so sorry, i have heard that some like being with them and see that they are just drifting to sleep but others prefer not to be, its your choice, i know its hard but its something only you can decide

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Part of the Pack

It is your choice to make, but I'm sorry you have to choose.

Pets are always your friend no matter what.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thanks everyone, it's been really hard, and it's so strange coming downstairs and not seeing him in his bed waiting for us to say good morning
I think I might go and see him because he has had god only knows what done to him at the vets and I want him to know that we still love him because he had so much kennel stress before and I'm worried that he thinks we might have just left him
So I want him to pass away a little more happier, if you know what I mean, but thats if the vets say I can see him.
Thanks again for your support, Love you all
xxxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:49 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Indie... It's horrible when things like this happen. =(
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

RIP; Indie my sweetness xxx
I went to say goodbye early this morning. He was so happy to see us and he even started whining and pulling the vet towards us
He was on a drip when we saw him, but he was more lively with it on him.
I cryed so much, but I feel happier that I was with him during his last ten minutes. It only took 10-20 secs before he passed away. I was talking to him the whole time. I'm so upset
And it wasn't a bone or anything like that blocking his colon, it was because of his kidney failier that some feaces had not passed through and gone so solid that it was as hard as rock.
I'm glad I did the right thing, thanks for you support.
I'll make a memorial thread soon, but for now I just need a nice hot bath.
Thanks again, luv you all
xxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww RIP Indie. Hugs for you hun xxxx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thanks
xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Im so sorry hun ive missed all these threads ive been really busy and stressed out lately and i hate to think of wut you are going threw
You and indie where perfect for eachother you give him the home he has always wanted and you made him feel like part of a family hes never had.
Just remember that babes!

Rip indie sleep tight boy!

Love you hun xxx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to see him to say goodbye, even though it was hard.

Rest easy Indie.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thank you everyone, and thanks Claire, your words meant a lot to me.
I think the hardest part was packing up all Indie's stuff and having to through away a few of his favourite toys because they were brocken
But I am slowly getting through it though, not crying as much. Under my eyes are really sore!
Love ya all
xxxxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 PM

i'm so sorry i'm glad you were with him RIP INDY

Tags
pts