Indy update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Indy update

Oh you should have seen him!!!

When I took him there in the reception there was a dog cage with a huge toy dog in it. He was petrified of it. He trembled all over. i think he thought I had taken him to a torture place.

He moaned and whined and barked at everyone and was very agitated. They gave him 2 injections a pain killer and a sedative and I stayed with him for 10 minutes till he calmed down a bit. 1st they told me to fetch him at 3pm but when they saw how scared he was they said fetch him at 11.30.

He is home now and he is acting very strange. he hates me I think and is being so calm it is not like him at all. I hope it is just the sedative wearing off.

He has 1 of those plastic cones on and he look so sorrowfull.

At least they gave him some painkillers for 5 days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

usually the animal isn't very sociable afterward. With my experiences they find one place they stay at and would rather not be disturbed. I'm sure the calm factor is a combination of the sedative and possibly a little pain that he just would rahter not move too much.

glad they gave some pain killers for him. He'll be fine before you know it.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

He'll sleep, alot. Not want to do anything. For the duration of the cone wearing he'll be pitiful But once it's all over and the cone is gone, he'll be back to his usual self

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I think he's acting rather normal. And like Lizz said, with the cone on, he'll be giving you the biggest guilt trip ever! Don't listen to him too much right now, he's just trying to make his mama feel sorry for him.

Glad to hear it all went well, though!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Glad to hear he is ok! Harvey was neutered today too, so he can sypathise with Indy, in a kinda way anyway!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He is back to his peeping self today and he is coneless, he is not touching it so i didnt see the need o keep it on.
he had his painkillers today in a burger from mcdonalds so that cheered him up.

The thing is Myfanwy is being wierd now. She is not listening to us and she went toilet in the bedroom twice last night and she hasnt done that in about 6 weeks.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge